Bad Two Weeks

Mekong

Amazed at how quickly my Blood Pressure has come down, less than a week ago It was 163 / 105 which is Stage 2 Hypertension it is now down to 118 / 83 which is desirable for Systolic and just into prehypertension for diastolic (60-79 is desirable), Doctor says my diastolic will drop once the Hep B treatment starts.

Sayjann be careful with the booze, I once cut down to a couple of beers a night and before I knew it I was back up to 8 pints and half a bottle of Vodka a day, it slowly creeps up on you and before you know it you are back at square one, the advantage I have in Thailand is that there are many fresh refreshing fruit juices as an alternative and my Girlfriend is teetotal.

Keep it together mate, we will support each other,

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I manage well without drinking, I have no problem asking for a soda water with ice and lime when I go out.

Some of the bars even have diet coke!!!!

i often abstain from the alcohol during the day in thailand and like nothing better than a very cold tomato juice with lashings of worcester sauce,i get the bottle left beside my glass so i can top up.

a few fizzy drinks are also great during the day to elevate the hangover from the previous night.

it causes a frown from my fave thai lady who serves me with the drinks as over the years we have had many drinks together.

i'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking and 3/4 thai beers usually get me quite happy ad get silly.

I'm fond of passion fruit and the mrs came home last week with half a dozen bottles of "fresh juice" from the local market.

Even breaking it down to 20% juice and 80% soda water it was too sweet for me to drink.

I told her to give it to the kids but she insisted on drinking a bottle herself and spent the next day on the hong nam.

Some how this ended up being my fault.... :blink:

Archived