Nong Khai Bars

addo

Hello ladies and Gentlemen, I am considering going to Nong Khai late in December 2011 has any one go ANY information on the bar scene.

I have been there a few times but only on day trips from Udon Thani.

I have herd of a bar call the jungle bar but thats just about it.

Cheers in advance.

Is the Danish Baker's still going?

Haven't stopped off there for a few years now.

And no, it's not a bakery....

Other than that a slow walk along the river front will surely reveal establishments with people drinking. (And girls fluttering their eye-lashes at them).

Danish bar still there, but Kai(Danish owner) split with his wife. She now owns it.

Short walk towards the river, take a left on Rim Kong Road and walk about 50 meters.

There you'll find Brendan's bar named Noi's. He named it after his wife since she does

all the work, while he drinks Chaang beer all day. Good food, cold beer, geat music,

pool table. Across the street are several smaller bars that fill up late at night.

More bars on the river on the east side of the market and a few more scattered around town.

They even have "the laundry bar" where you can do your laundry in their washing machine and

dryer and sit at the bar while you wait.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if its a reflection on Vientiane (!), but everything I read on expat life in Laos points to Nong Khai as their 'escape valve' when they need a little more excitement in their lives. I've only seen it during the day, but I can imagine myself at one of the riverside cafes at sunset, gazing into the liquid pools across from me and thinking 'I wonder what those poor bastards are doing back in BKK ?' ;)

• 2 months later...

Hello ladies and Gentlemen, I am considering going to Nong Khai late in December 2011 has any one go ANY information on the bar scene.

Soi Nittapat tries to find a position as a new hot spot in Nong Khai

SoiNittapat001.jpg

It is in the center of town.

NongKhaimap.jpg

I found some nice little bars in there