Samsung Galaxy S2

eyebee

Thanks for your help guys. I've now changed my plan to what AIS call a "Smartphone package". For 199 baht a month you get 100Mb downloads, 100 SMS, and 1 baht per minute for voice calls. No more money leaking!!

Whats the speed like for net access with that phone in Patts ?Is it worth getting a top of the range smartphone for use in LOS if theres no 3 G ?

Has anyone held a Samsung Galaxy s2 and an HTC Sensation in their hands with an opinion on either? From what I read on net, Samsung wins hands down, but I have always been taken by the HTC Sense UI. Looks like I will dump my HTC for a Samsung this time tho...slimmer, faster, better looking screen and camera pics - downer the UI not so cool, no qHD screen.

Got myself an S2 this evening.

Am currently trying to download a user manual to find out what it does / how it works although the phone does seem fairly self explanatory.

That screen though is going to be a job to keep clean!

Did you get the manual yet? If not, I can send you an e-version.

If you buy an oleophobic screen protector, almost no fingerprints/smudges/oils. Couple hundred baht at the True Digital shop across from Siam Paragon. A normal screen protector won't do it.

Got a Samsung Galaxy S2 here in Dublin Ireland today for € 480.00 which is about 20507 Baht which I think is a good price.

Apparently it has come down in price here by € 50.00.

There an awful lot on it. Its going to take me ages to get to grips with it all but its a lovely mobile.

• 2 weeks later...

17500 THB in MBK last week.

Since they are quad band 3G presume they will run on any of the upcoming(!) 3G services in Thailand even though there are some 850Mhz (True/Dtac) 3G and 900Mhz (AIS/TOT) 3G provider specific S2's on sale?

So anyone know will the SG S2 run on both AIS/TOT 3G and also True/DTAC 3G services depending which of the four services SIM's is put in the phone?

Archived