Middle East Season

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Guest HonoluluJimmy

It is unmanagably hot in the Mid East ( how can I be so polite) so for a number of years Thailand has been overrun with the crop. Pattaya, Patong, Bangkok etc. Nothing new. I have read many postings as to there unique set of interests.. I can tell you it presnets a big problme for the hotels, bars and the bums of sex workers. MBK was crawling with them all this week, the J.W. had tons about. I perszonally sighted a Mid East kid, about 6 or so, pulling the topping off some kanome in the Exec Loounge of the J.W. The bar, for those not familiar, is centered at the lobby level with a ring seating about. The little sand brats are bouncin off the sofas, wife number 1,2,&3 where showing off all the copy goods from MBK whilst the men werer pounding over hard booze on the rocks.. I have seen thsi very thing for many many years at that hotel.

Hight Season, Low season and Mid eastern season. MY Favorte hotel in Patong stopped marketing to thatg group as it just wasn't profiotable. Theafts, damages, room crowding etc. No good the Arabs market.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're good for a laugh occasionally.

Several years ago, my second trip, for a seminar. I was staying in the tower wing of the Ambassador Hotel. I found myself riding up in an elevator with two Arab women, obviously mother and daughter. The elevator arrived at our floor, the doors opened...

... and nobody moved...

... and nobody moved...

... and nobody moved...

The doors started to close, and Mom got this shocked look on her face and lunged for the "Door Open" button. I figured it out a fraction of a second later, and grabbed the door to hold it open.

And there we were, BOTH trying as hard as we could not to bust out laughing our heads off, and me apologizing, as we both realized the culture clash we'd just gotten caught in.

I'm American. I've been trained since birth "Ladies first", and I was reacting exactly as I believed was normal.

She was Arab, and Muslim. She'd been trained since birth "Men first", and she was doing likewise.

I managed to hold the laughter in until I was back in my room.

They're good for a laugh occasionally.

Several years ago, my second trip, for a seminar. I was staying in the tower wing of the Ambassador Hotel. I found myself riding up in an elevator with two Arab women, obviously mother and daughter. The elevator arrived at our floor, the doors opened...

... and nobody moved...

... and nobody moved...

... and nobody moved...

The doors started to close, and Mom got this shocked look on her face and lunged for the "Door Open" button. I figured it out a fraction of a second later, and grabbed the door to hold it open.

And there we were, BOTH trying as hard as we could not to bust out laughing our heads off, and me apologizing, as we both realized the culture clash we'd just gotten caught in.

I'm American. I've been trained since birth "Ladies first", and I was reacting exactly as I believed was normal.

She was Arab, and Muslim. She'd been trained since birth "Men first", and she was doing likewise.

I managed to hold the laughter in until I was back in my room.

If you had spit on her she would have felt more comfortable. And not, I'm NOT advocating that men spit on women. Just noting that this is a regular practice of Arab men. My cousin dated an Arab guy for a while; of course he treated her like shit in general, but the deal-breaker for her was when he spit on her once during an argument.

I have a friend, whose daughter is dating a young man of Arab extraction here in Middle Earth, the young man, a trainee lawyer, treats the girl like shit, he's been brought up in NZ since he was about 2, so it's his family and their culture that's trained him this way.

You could make a case that these men could be excused in some way for their behaviour, but to do so, would be to excuse the behaviour of people like me who were brought up as SNAGs (Sensitive New Age Guys), and were trained to lie down and be kicked up the arse by any woman with a hint of feminist leanings...

Gentlemen, what I am trying to say, is that there's training that make's people behave some ways, and there's common sense that gives one dignity.

I know it's possible for those of Arab extraction to behave in a civil manner, I know people who do. I also know that the other extreme, being kicked up the arse by any woman with a hint of feminist leanings, is also not necessary.

Arise and be men.

Here endeth the lecture....

Seems clear enough, so what is the problem? Inshallah ...

Quran 4:34: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/quran.htm

thanks for the info; am now staying at the omni tower on soi 4 but never again; i stayed here years ago when there wasn't such a large number of ME; was a very different atmosphere. now the place seems worn and tired; and tho i don't want to overgeneralize, the ME strike me as being very loud with the kids making even more noise. one afternoon, i heard screams and the sound of heavy footsteps running for the door, a bang, a girl's scream, and then silence. guess they gagged her before continuing the torture!

I think he's tickling her fancy in the water?

Whats she doing with the big rubber gloves anyway ???

Its a great way of doing your washing too.

It's probably the only washing she gets...

In Bahrain, I would see them swimming in their black tents.

Quite a sight!

Hey, swim and get your laundry done at the same time!

My buddy, Big Al, would ask the Muslim men...with the women wearing the

black tents, how do you know if she is a cutie in there?

Archived