When The Veil Drops ...

gobbledonk

We read plenty about the gal who suddenly loses the plot with a punter and goes apeshit - thankfully, this isnt one of those tales. Perhaps I have just spent too much time in the 'save face and hide your cards' Thai scene, but usually a girl will only tell me what is on her mind after we've spent several days in one anothers company. Not so this time.

Mentioned a group of Filipinas from KL in a couple of other threads, and I cant get one of them ('J') out of my head. After playing the pricktease, when I knew she had a boyfriend waiting at home, I was cruising along with the usual 'you are a hansum man' spiel massaging my eardrums - I guess it becomes ingrained - when dinner conversation took an unexpected turn.

I remarked that hooking up with a working girl might not be the best course for her boyfriend, or words to that effect, and I got it both barrels. No screaming, just a very direct stare followed by each girl telling me how they had been left with a kid, no money and nothing more than a photo of their Filipino boyfriend (hmm, now where have I heard that before ?). As far as the girls were concerned, they were making their own money, sending some back to their families and anyone who couldn't deal with that didnt need to line up for the rollercoaster. 'J' told me that men are genetically incapable of fidelity, and she doesnt really care how often her boyfriend tells her he wont screw around, because she knows he will - this is 180 degrees apart from a gal I know in BKK who sits at home while her Tilac does the rounds of the bars. Denial is a wonderful defence, I guess.

Their upfront attitude echoes a lot of the advice given here over the years, but it was refreshing to get it straight from the horse's mouth. I really enjoyed my time with the girls, and they definitely became more 'human' after we got that out of the way. Better than any 'dinner date' I've ever had with a Farang woman, and way less boring than many of my Thai encounters.

No, but they did all confirm that they were CATHOLIC ;)

Many years ago, I made some inquiries through a Filipino matchmaking service in Oz, and many werent Catholic - they were some sort of fundamentalist mob like 'Church of Christ' or similar. All of their profiles read like a Christian version of the Al Qaeda recruiting page ..... 'I will burn in the light of Jesus Christ, and everything I do is for Him'. Gotta love the brainwashing missionaries - they must have thought the PI was an answer to their prayers after so many other parts of Asia fell to Islam.

No, but they did all confirm that they were CATHOLIC ;)

Many years ago, I made some inquiries through a Filipino matchmaking service in Oz, and many werent Catholic - they were some sort of fundamentalist mob like 'Church of Christ' or similar. All of their profiles read like a Christian version of the Al Qaeda recruiting page ..... 'I will burn in the light of Jesus Christ, and everything I do is for Him'. Gotta love the brainwashing missionaries - they must have thought the PI was an answer to their prayers after so many other parts of Asia fell to Islam.

One of the biggest growing and fundamentalist church groups in the Philippines is Iglesia Ni Christo (INC). When you start to peel back the layers of this onion you begin to see the hypocrisy like all the others. I personally feel the Catholic church, others like the INC and the Muslims in the South are the greatest hindrance to peace and progress in the Philippines behind outright corruption.

I cannot blame many of these pinay for having the attitudes that they have regarding men. Philippine men have been found as having one of the highest rates of vanity by a recent poll and that in turn is coupled with their macho/playboy attitudes. Even the ones considered "ugly tree" victims insist on playing the game even after they have a steady.

We have had several Fil-am's working for us who were in management positions. At first glance they appeared to be one of the better behaved employees in asia. Once you scratched the surface you found they were the biggest players out of everyone.

Next scene, working a contract in the Philippines. Girl that worked for me was a smoking hot filipina. I had western guys in and out of my office all day long hitting on her but it was always benign or in a humorous setting. I made it clear that at any time I could put the brakes on the attention. She remarked that the western men were no problem. She said in most cases they were harmless and knew when to stop. When it turned to Philippine men her attitude went south quickly. Before I left that job location I had to verbally reprimand several for not knowing their boundaries.

Maybe that is why so many Fillies want to marry a foreigner and leave the islands. The problem with Thai women is that they usually DON'T want to leave.

And why should they. Generally it seems to be much easier to life in a tropical country, provided you have enough money for the basics like food, education, e.g.

And if you are an Issaan farm girl with the priority to be with the family (and feed the family), with limited eduction and limited interest in the world outside Thailand, moving to Europe or the USA must be the almost the same experience for a TG like us being forced by circumstances to move to Alaska. Only a few will be able to enjoy it.

Archived