Immi Policed Volenteer Unit

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Guest Poom Rak Seh Deang

The fellow there yesterday said English, a class, a test and some interenship. I going to do my 1 year extension tomorrow and will look into it and report back.

A real positive service. I'm a very quick learner and would do well.. Smart Uniform etc.

post-4452-0-43668200-1312699370_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xalV1TaFKLg

I think HJ is the fat farang in the black uniform. Sorry, the 'very smart' black uniform ;)

They trot out every imaginable cliche in this series, but it beats watching most of the dross on our telly. For all its manufactured sensationalism and that bloody annoying Pommy narrator, it does portray the tourist police in a very good light, Thai and Farang alike. The best ep is the one where they drag a bunch of deaf brawlers (!) aside to get their side of the story, and the deaf mob become incensed because no-one can understand them : lo and behold, one of the Thai TP's can sign and all is revealed.

As a job, chasing ladyboys and drunken Farang down Walking St or picking them up off the roads isnt my idea of a good time. Horses for courses, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

How come katoeys seem to like farangs in uniform?

Forget that - is it wrong if I find some of the (Thai) female TPs very alluring in those black uniforms ? Must be the handcuffs - maybe thats what gets the Katoeys lathered up when they see those fat Farang TPs in their 'riot gear' ? ;)

The series does spend a bit too much time on Walking St and in various jails : neither is an accurate picture of what your average traveller can expect, but the credits acknowledge the assistance of every Thai ministry you care to name, and the overall message does seem to be 'dont leave your brain at the airport just because you are on holiday'.

Archived