Newbie Looking For Company In The Land Of Smiles

Hi there

I Live in Autralia, am 42 and work in government.

About 4 months ago my wife called me up at 5pm to tell me that she had moved out (after 11 years). Coincidentally a week later i had to be in Thailand for a wedding, I almost didn't go because i was a bit of a mess.. but did and.. and fell in love with the place.. I have since been on the TLL site and have a gf from there who lives in bkk. I was planning on going over to see her next week , and spend a week together. She is 30 and about a year out of a marriage breakup too, her ex still lives in the same house, as they have kids. she doesnt want to move out of thailand, and i cant move there.. it is all a bid hard in terms of seeing each other. Anyway, i'm wondering what to beware of in this situation? I was going to stay in a reasonable hotel, just planned to hang out with my thai gf, see some tourist stuff, eat, swim, get thai massage and relax for a week..

Cheers all

Rich

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there

I Live in Autralia, am 42 and work in government.

About 4 months ago my wife called me up at 5pm to tell me that she had moved out (after 11 years). Coincidentally a week later i had to be in Thailand for a wedding, I almost didn't go because i was a bit of a mess.. but did and.. and fell in love with the place.. I have since been on the TLL site and have a gf from there who lives in bkk. I was planning on going over to see her next week , and spend a week together. She is 30 and about a year out of a marriage breakup too, her ex still lives in the same house, as they have kids. she doesnt want to move out of thailand, and i cant move there.. it is all a bid hard in terms of seeing each other. Anyway, i'm wondering what to beware of in this situation? I was going to stay in a reasonable hotel, just planned to hang out with my thai gf, see some tourist stuff, eat, swim, get thai massage and relax for a week..

Cheers all

Rich

Welcome Rich!

Ok, the first advice: keep your mind very open about the situation your Thai GF is living in.

Don't take offense, but in your state of mind you are probably a very easy target for a TG. You just got severely hurt and you probably went through a lot of negative emotions.

Many TGs are extremely good in making a Western male feel extremely comfortable and feel very much liked, by taking care in way many Western men never experienced from a Western women. And now add their beauty, the sex they provide, the exotic settings, the food, the temple visits, e.g.. It happens all the time that Western visitors (me included doah.gif) fall in love with the first Thai girl they meet - which is usually a bargirl.

BUT there might be no love on the TGs side at all. And even worse while other men are around her - which of course you either won't meet or which you would be introduced to as brother, cousin, e.g.

That her ex is living in the same house should be of real concern for you. It would be no problem for the women and the "ex" to play a separated couple in front of you. And their family will happily play along as long they think that they can gain, mostly financially, from you.

Please keep in mind that there are different concepts of relationships in LOS which are close to a marriage, but which don't involve love (from the women) at all. Just do a search for "mia chao" (rented wife) and "mai noi" (minor wife). And these concepts do not fall in the area of straight prostitution which is to be found at Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza. Thai men are absolutely aware of these concepts and act accordingly while many Western men might not even know that these concepts exist, while living with a "mia chao". surprised.gif

What should NOT happen in any case, that they hit you for money outside the usual expenses (paying for meals, e.g.), during _and_ after your stay. If this happens it is clear that she sees you primarily as an ATM.

Some gold advice here, cheers.. it's annoying because you want to believe the facade.. I will say this, I am mainly after some lovely company, I'm not looking for a new wife just now, my heart is sealed up in a box at the moment, so i hope it wont get broken. I hear you guys, and assure you i'll run at the first ask for money.. she seems quite well off though, nice two-storey house.

I was also going to get a missing tooth done while im there. could anyone recommend a dentist to get an implant/Crown (basically a screw into jawbone with a false tooth built on it).

Cheers

I'd be wary about a girl I met online and one that is still in the same house as the ex, most Thai men in my opinion, would be expecting sex with the wife in their house.

Having said that, I'm corresponding with a girl on line and I'm still in my house with my ex, so pot calling the kettle black, so to speak. I have met my girl several times though over a 5 year period though.

And (drum roll) don't fall in love with the first Thai girl you meet, everyone does, but it's never the first one that's good for you.

Just my humble opinion.

At Dental Design Clinic I had some root canals done for about 10% of what it would have cost me at home and the place was more professional and more advanced than the dentists at home.

dentist@dentaldesignclinic-lab.com

http://www.dentaldesignclinic-lab.com/

If you exit Soi Cowboy and turn right into Asoke, it's about 100~200 metres on the right.

Great location and I recommend the place.

YMMV

Coss

Hey Rich,

If you check out some other threads in this forum, you'll find some very interesting stories. Also the Stickman website. Although there will be thousands of stories, just have a browse look for what seems similar to your situation.

A trip to Thailand could be a good idea. Catch up with some of the lads from this forum (they meet every Friday night in Bangkok - see the meetings section), and pick their brains for ideas. A lot of them have been around for a long time and seen a lot of stuff. Most are top blokes too, I've had some of the best nights of my life with some of these guys, both in Thailand and other parts of the world.

I'm not going to go out and say your girl is lying - she could be 100% genuine. It's definately possible though, and if I was a gambler I'd be putting some money on it. It smells fishy, that's all. And she wouldn't be the first Thai girl to look at a westerner as a cash cow.

If you do make a trip, take some advice and spend some of it on your own. She won't like that idea as she'll assume you'll be out whoring or will meet another Thai girl who may claim you for yourself. Remember the number 1 goal is to enjoy yourself. If you do jump into bed together (there are a lot of guys on this forum who say if you do, then that's a high indicator she's a "bad girl") - be careful, you don't want to bring an unwanted child into this world, especially in your fragile state of mind. Then there's the STD factor.

Thailand's a wonderful place Rich, enjoy it - keep us updated, we'll laugh with you, and definately pick you up if you fall down.

Guest Poom Rak Seh Deang

Could this be trool-a-rama

That being put up...........

OP, go read a book by Steven Leather, Private Dancer so you will become totally cynical about Thailand.

Don't expect to make much money here and don't join in the and Thai partners. Trust no one and try and trop you trousers with as many Darlings as possible.... You may be going from the frying pan into tghe fire as is usually the case.

I w avoid girl friends at any cost. Infact I now go after the ones that don't get laid much! There is little challagne in the P4P game as it is all about baht.. No baht No Boom...

If you are a trool you story ain't that great!

I was also going to get a missing tooth done while im there. could anyone recommend a dentist to get an implant/Crown (basically a screw into jawbone with a false tooth built on it).

There is a current thread about dental implants. Note you can't (or shouldn't be able to) get an implant and crown in one visit to LOS, unless it's a long visit.

Archived