Babysit Wanted

Encore

An odd request coming from me, but here it is.

On Sunday, an old friend of mine is returning for a holiday in Thailand, bringing with her 3 children, a 4 yr old girl and boys of 9 and 8 yrs old. They all have British passports, dad unfortunately died a year or two ago. The kids only speak english. They's be staying in a 3 1/2 * hotel in the Sukhumvit area (where she feels familiar). I may be nearby, keeping them company, but as an old friend rather then more then that. On the Monday, Mrs Nok will go into hospital to have a small operation. it is likely she'll be in overnight and come out the next morning.

Although it has not yet been firmly decided, I think we are going to need a female childminder from Monday morning until Tuesday maybe late afternoon. The likely arrangement is that there will be two bedrooms with connecting door. I envisage the childminder to sleep in one (msNok's room), the kids in the other and the connecting door open during the night. During daytime, I will probably be there or nearby for assistance, and maybe to give our helper a break, or two accompany the lot to some amusement.

Can anyone recommend a good candidate for the job? Remuneration is negotiable but will be appropriate.

The alternative is Ms Nok's Brother, who doesn't speak a word of english and hasn't ever met the kids either. I think they need a carer who speaks English, and it shouldn't be me overnight, being male with 3 foreign kids in adjoining hotelrooms. I have had kids myself, i think i could cope, but don't want to put myself at risk of odd situations. Overnight i do expect to remain closeby.

BTW, what is appropriate daytime entertainment for 3 British kids this age range in BKK? I'm out of touch.

On Wednesday, the family will travel to Isan to spend time with family.

BTW, what is appropriate daytime entertainment for 3 British kids this age range in BKK? I'm out of touch.

Try the Safari World out near Minburi. Not cheap, but will occupy the whole day. Can drive if you can be bothered, but less of a hassle if you get the tour. Not sure if double-pricing, but I remember paying local rates for myself, showing the local driver's licence. Could be different for tourists.

I doubt you will get anyone in such a short time but can't see anything inappropriate in you staying there as long as the situation is explained to the hotel management in the presence of the mother.

I thought about that, but really would like some back up and female backup at that. The kids' dad died 2 yrs ago, not sure how used they are to male carers, while in a strange place, with mum in hospital and incommunicado. they may feel more comfortable with a woman, and i'd like the support of one. Also, when Nok comes out of hospital, she may want someone female around for a while, either to help her or to keep the kids out of her hair

One member has contacted me with a possible, but not sure yet if she is available.

VK thanks for that idea, I have a car, and that may just be a nice distraction

Dusit Zoo! Dirt cheap and a hit with kids ... lots of rides and a "petting zoo".

Dusit Zoo

As to a temporary nanny, you might try to contact someone who works for the UN. Folks with families there always employ English-speaking maids and nannies. Somebody might know one who is out of work and would love to work for a while.

I'm happy to report that a (Former?) BM has connected me with a young woman who used to act as nanny for his family, and an arrangement has been made. thank all for help, and I may report in a few dyas how it went and what it was all about. Ancient history!

Boobjob in the pipeline in an hour or two.

Having just sampled the old version, IMHO, she doesn't need them, but she doesn't accept my opinion.

Very ancient members here may remember a long old thread on a board about 9 years ago: Letters from Issaan.

Well, that's her! Still as pretty and as mad as before. Tied one on in NEP last night, had to be almost carried out of rainbow 4.

But one thing she didn't unlearn in 8 yrs in Britain!

Oops, this is a family thread.

Moderators, shift it if need be!

Archived