Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

Belated response. Citeh fans have to be peeing themselves with joy. The random star player buying by Man City are actually gelling this season. I didn't think they had it in them. Great win but the scoreline is a little misleading. City deserved it but the goals didn't start coming until MUFC had a man sent off and about 3 of the goals came around extra time.

Great win for us at Chelsea. Rock bottom seems like the MUFC game. Arsenal have actually has only had one loss (derby loss at sperz) and about 7 or so wins in the last few weeks. I don't think we have turned it around yet. Chelsea didn't play many good teams at home (Swansea, WBA, Norwich, Everton) so their home record was misleading and they lost big to MUFC. They are not as good as their record made them out to be. Its going to be a Manchester fight for the title it seems. Will be interesting to see how citeh responds to a loss. Does seem to be their year but its early days. We are also criminally overreliant on van Persie who is having a career season so far. He's on fire.

i've certainly kept quiet after last weeks humilation.... :closemouth:

while the score was misleading MU did'nt really deserve the 3 points.

after a bright start they just faded away and gung-ho attacking did'nt help their cause.

but the title is not won in october....

was so happy to see the arse beat chelsea.... :elephant:

i kinda like 'i did'nt see it' Wenger and it seemed to shut up AVB.... :biggrin:

AVB after a couple of years managing teams in a much weaker league than the PL he is realising things are different in England.

i laugh at his comments about his first 2 losses and how his team were cheated... :soccer:

very similar to Mourinho and his arrogance could come back and bite hie arse.... :bang:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know most people here dislike MU and SAF........... :worship:

but a great achievement last weekend with his 25 years as manager.

in the days of managers getting sacked after less than 20 games it shows his standard in a cut-throat business.

his record in the modern era is unsurpassed and will never be beaten in terms of trophies won.

yes,other managers/teams have won more certain cups in their career but they never lasted.

a great gesture by MU naming a stand after him....... :beer::biggrin::up:

but maybe fergie deserves the sack.....he runs the club with a rod of iron and says he knows what is going on all over the place.

but it was top secret about his honour on saturday and he had no idea(or so they say)of what happened but he did look gob-smacked.

praise to a great manager............. :chili::yay:

Hate is friggin' guts but have to be honest and say he's the greatest British manager. I actually give him more credit for the last 5 years than for the previous 20. He has won titles when Chelsea had more money and not only won but won 3 on the trot including a CL win and another final. I would also say his time managing Aberdeen was more of an accomplishment with Rangers and Celtic as clubs with way more money than everyone else. The last half a dozen years has proven to me how good of a manager he was and to show you how much he's repsected by gooners, on one of my forums some have said, Fergie would have won the title with the players we have instead of finishing 4th.

I do think since the EPL he has had a huge advantage of having by far the most money in the league. Not his fault, he had the money and credit to him for making the most of it. However, it could be argued had there been more parity in terms of money with other clubs he would not have been as successful as Jack Walker's Blackburn side showed how much money can do and certainly, Chelsea and Man City these days.

Wenger did the most with a lot less I thought from '98 to '04. However, Ferguson has stayed the most consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

i loved the chelsea/liverpool game today.... :elephant:

AVB is suppossed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread but his comments after previous losses have shown him to be a bad loser.

it seems that Roman is already unhappy with his management.

it's ok getting wins against 'lesser' teams but losing to man united/arsenal and now liverpool have shown that chelsea are not as good as they think they are.

they do have an ageing team and i expect some young blood coming to the club in january and others will move on in the summer.

ironic that an ex chelsea player scores the winning goal. :applause:

worried about man utd though.

goals have dried up and while a win is a win it would be better to see a few more going in.

worried about man utd though.

goals have dried up and while a win is a win it would be better to see a few more going in.

Tut Tut some people have short memories, after 12 games last season united's record was

P 12 W 6 D 6 L 0 F 24 A 13 GD 11 P 24

After 12 Games this season

P 12 W 9 D 2 L 1 F 29 A 12 GD 17 P 29

So having scored 5 goals more, conceded 1 less, a better GD of 6 and having 5 more points than at the same stage last season you are worried? United also had an easier start last season having only played Liverpool at home and city away where as this season already had City, Arsenal and Chelsea at home and Liverpool away and City have had the easier start.

Swansea have the best home defensive record in the league, up until Saturday they had only conceded once at home and that was an own goal but united have the best away defensive record conceding only 3. I expected a close 0-1 result in united's favour and am happy with it.

City may be banging them in for fun now but I don't think it will come down to goal difference at the end of the season, last time was the 88-89 Season (Michael Thomas Second for Arsenal just for Steve) in fact GD was equal then Arsenal won based on goals scored, but it is a very rare occurence.

City's defensive record is dodgy away from home, conceded 8 on the road, they have conceded 11 compared to United 12 and I am sure you don't need reminding who put six past us. Lets see how the likes of Augero, Villa and Baloteli perform over the December - February period.

I am quite happy how United have responded after "Black Sunday" 7.5 hours without conceding and eeking out the 3 points, get the points in the bag now and the flair can come later.

Sorry to say this Sayjaan but you come across as a fickle, condescending glory hunter who EXPECTS united to be 10 points clear and winning every game 3-1.

I do now, it's a bit of a trek from Sathorn but I get back at least twice a year. I was born / grew up less than 2KM from Old Trafford.

don't get me wrong mekong.

i'm not complaining about what's happened so far and no i don't expect utd to be far and away clear at the top of the league.

this season will be very competitive with liverpool and arsenal starting to show form.

i agree that city will have setbacks,as will all teams and the winter period is always interesting.

the arsenal/man city games were one-offs and while we got away to a good start i just think utd with their goalscoring players are not doing as well as they could.

rooney was off to a flyer but now seems to be playing far too deep in his quest to get the ball leaving the attacking options a little short.

we have good wingers and forwards and i think we should just be getting that 2nd goal to make things a bit easier.

thankfully the defenders are looking good at the moment and which ever goalie plays they are all looking confident now.

i'm happy with the performance so far and know when the going get's tough then utd will show steel.

i just wish they wouls close out a game without giving me scares during a game when holding a slender lead.

Archived