Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

When he came into the league and I saw how he tried to just buy the league (and did) and he had no plan, I thought long term he would not do well.

Roman is his own worst enemy. He's meddled too much and he really didn't know anymore about football than most of us on here. He was a rich fan. He never managed or ran a team in his life prior to this. Sponsored a russian team or two but not the day to day management.

Instead of giving Mourinho a free hand he meddled. He forced Schevchenko on him and denied him money for players when he needed it.

Also, I think the finanical crisis in'08 hit him hard. I read somewhere he lost anywhere from a quarter to a thrid of his net worth. He's gotten most or all of it back I think since then but he took a hit. I also think he got bored to some extent. Spending hundreds of millions and along the way he's won the title a few times. He wants the CL but that looks unlikely. Blew his one big chance against Man Utd. Now with Barca seeming unstoppable, I think he sees that the CL is not gonna happen as he probably won't even be able to get past some english teams (us, Man Utd and City would be 50/50 as to who would win). Also, City's emergence has taken away his financial advantage. They can outbid him for any player.

His team is old and it will take tens of millions of pounds to replace them adequately.

Frankly, I think he's looking forward to the financial rules so that he has an excuse not to spend. Just my guess, no proof of this but from what I see on the pitch, its my guess.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is 'United'? Tons of 'em out there. Newcastle. Cambridge. West Ham, etc.

don't be silly steve,you know who i mean..... :banghead:

my original post was about MANCHESTER UNITED losing their scoring touch.

in the first 6 games of the season utd were scoring for fun but have since dropped off the radar compwred to other teams.

arsenal,liverpool,chelsea,man city,newcastle and spurs(1 game less)have scored more goals in the 2nd set of 6 games then the 1st set of 6.

ok,percentages are very small but the worry for me is that other teams are getting the goals at the moment whilst my team is lacking behind.

• 3 weeks later...

Very happy to see 'Citeh' lose. Although its a fear that most Gooners say I shouldn't concern myself with, I have this fear that another team will go the season unbeaten. There was one club in a lower division recently that got close to the 49 games unbeaten run.

If someone told me 3 months ago, that Arsenal would be in the CL after the group stages and both Manchester clubs out I'd say I'd like to smoke whatever you're using. Football (and sport in general) proves strange, unforseen things can happen.

Arsenal are on a good run. 8 wins 1 loss and 1 draw in the last 10 matches. Same as the scum though which means the CL places will be highly competitive. If the scum can stay healhty they will get in but that's a tall order. Long season and they are not a deep team. It may turn it surprisingly enough its Chelsea and Arsenal fighting for the last spot.

As for the 'United' thingy, hehhe...just my little pet peeve about Man Utd fans saying 'United' all the time. Its a bit arrogant (not you Sayjann) when I am somewhere and we talk support and a Man Utd fans says 'United' as if there is only one. If you're in Manchester, fine. If you're not and not wearing a shirt or any indication it smacks a little of arrogance. Sorry, its how I feel and gives me one more reason to hate the club...not that I need one. lol.

Man City v. Arsenal next. Wow. Not expecting us to win but hoping we give 'em a good game and leave with a draw.

I have to say RvP is on scintilating form. He's got to be amongst if not the best striker on the planet with the form he's in. I always liked him and he was my 2nd fave Arsenal player after Fabregas.

Archived