Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

Quick question lads: where to watch tomorrow's Manchester derby in Bangkok, preferably within a walking distance from Asoke if I get to be picky. Someone suggested Scratch Dog at Windsor Hotel for eyeballing the 2am kick-offs but that doesnt sound like a fun and wholesome environment to enjoy/agonise over your footy.

Thank you ever so much for your kind responses and/or pisstake.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it won't kick off until 2am most bars wll be closed but according to Stickman, Crossbar which is further up Soi 23 beyond The Clubhouse will be showing it.

Excellent, thanks, really appreciate it! According to the Pickled Liver newsletter it'll be on at theirs as well, so I'm spoilt for choices it seems!

Anyone else around and planning to go?

Excellent, thanks, really appreciate it! According to the Pickled Liver newsletter it'll be on at theirs as well, so I'm spoilt for choices it seems!

Anyone else around and planning to go?

Great display by City.United came for a draw didn't work.All to play for now

Great display by City.United came for a draw didn't work.All to play for now

not the best advert for the EPL.

not the game it could have been with both teams struggling to assert themselves.

City could easily have won by a few more if better finishing while Utd did'nt seem to know what to do when they got within 30 Yards of goal.

maybe a mistake by Fergie to bring in 3 players who have not had much game time in the last few weeks and Welbeck deserved to start after recent form,he certainly looked lively when he did come on.

i was disappointed with both teams really and the more the game went on the less i could see Utd scoring.

i hoped Scholes and Giggs would start the game but both were very quiet and Scholes was lucky to stay on the pitch,he could easily have been shown a red card for some niggling fouls.

i was'nt impressed with the game at all.

the most interesting thing was Fergie and Mancini having their little spat on the touchline.

i think it showed Fergie had realised that he made wrong decisions and was very frustrated.

loved Mancini's comment after the game when he said Utd had an easy game against Swansea coming up,this from a man who had recently seen his team beaten by Swansea.

Newcastle had a really bad result last time out and hopefully they will get a good result against City in their quest for a CL spot.

These kinds of title deciders often don't live up to expectations. Too much to play for, players nervous and tight, managers nervous as well. For a neutral I thought it was okay. I dont consider it the biggest game ever in the EPL as the pundits I heard were hailing it. Its hyperbole to say that. I can think of a few such games with as much importance.

Funny thing is even with the win, I still have my doubts City will win the title. They have to win v. Newcastle and its tough to beat them nowadays and they are playing for a CL berth.

In my perfect world. Tottenham would lose the remainder of their matches. Chelsea would lose to Newcastle. Man Utd will lose their last two matches and City would draw versus Newcastle and the Toon win their other game. Then the league table would like this:

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Arsenal

4. Newcastle

I know many if not most City fans won't care about their title being bought for well over a half a billion pounds but I have 0 respect for the manner in which they are doing it. Their bought and sold with mercenaries. They are no better than Haliburton in a football shirt. They're not a team but 11 hired guns on the pitch. If Man Utd ends up winning, I'd hate it but City spending that much and not winning would be some solace.

Hopefully RvP gets a few goals and wins the scoring title. Rooney is two behind and could catch him or even pass him. I've read where a few pundits thought Rooney should have gotten player of the year over RvP. If RvP was British they'd be jerking off to his pic in the bathroom. The bias in the British sports media is sooooo awful. Been seeing it for years.

Arsenal news is we have Podolski! My fear is that it means that van Persie is gone. He's almost if not at 30 its not a bad time for him to go. I'd love to have both. I'd also love to have the defender Verboghten or whatever his name is. The scum are after him as well.

i hate these sort of deals.

i saw somewhere the fee for Podolski has not been disclosed?.

Winger has the reputation for either buying on the cheap or seeing big money signings fall on their laurels.

i don't imagine Podolski came that cheap?.

Amazingly Arsenal draw at home v. the canaries and could end up 5th when we seemed almost a surety for 3rd with two 'easy' (nothing ever is) games v. Norwich and WBA remaining.

Chelsea could do a Fa cup/CL double and get in the CL even if they end up 5th or 6th.

Amazingly Arsenal draw at home v. the canaries and could end up 5th when we seemed almost a surety for 3rd with two 'easy' (nothing ever is) games v. Norwich and WBA remaining.

Chelsea could do a Fa cup/CL double and get in the CL even if they end up 5th or 6th.

the FA Cup final was like many others in the past.....not the most exciting game to watch for a long time.

neither team has been in the most sparkling form recently and it was a cagey affair.

even after 30 mins i was saying Carroll had to come on as Liverpool did'nt have many options and the game was crying out for Carroll to take any chances.

he turned the game a little when he did come on and Liverpool looked much more lively when he was putting himself about.

the 'goal' that never was was impossible to call at the time imo.

and even after many replays i still don't think it was in,goal-line technolgy would probably hsve told it was'nt in i think.

looks like Man City have wrapped up the EPL,i just can't see them losing or getting a draw against QPR.

Newcastle were strangely off colour a little after their recent form and when they did get the chances good defending by City.

i thought they would have been up for it more considering what was as stake for them.

Man Utd were a little poor again i thought,they struggled to really make the chances even though they had so much of the ball.

obviously i knew they would'nt turn around a 10 goal difference but i really thought they would have got a few more.

but credit to Swansea,they played as they have all season and made it difficult.

and credit to Norwich,they went for it and really gave Arsenal a game.

I thought Man City would draw v. Newcastle and lose the title because of it. Surprised the Toon didn't do more in the game. Perhaps Man City can smell the title as well.

If Man Utd were to win it, I wouldn't be as upset as I usually am because City has been buying the title. Their fans don't seem to care. Reminds of me of Chelsea fans when Roman was buying the title. What amazes me is the press just glosses over it. They want to play up this derby, intra-city rivalry thingy and don't ever mention the amount of money Man City has spent and is spending. There is no shame in it all. Its sad.

It seems that no one wants a CL place. All 3 contenders drop points. I don't think Arsenal getting a win at WBA is any guarantee at all. Newcastle has probably the toughest last game at Everton. However, Tottenham do have a derby and Fulham can spoil things. I'd love to see Newcastle and us win and Tottenham drop points. Odds are it won't happen but ala Kevin Keegan "I'd loov it....just loov it."

RvP at least seems to have sewn up the scoring title. He has 30 goals and it will take a helluva final game for Rooney to catch or pass him.

I am somewhat surprised and dismayed at the number of pundits who said Rooney should have gotten Player of the Year. Also, voters saying he had the greatest EPL goal. Don't get me wrong. Rooney is phenominal. Fantastic player. But the Rooney dick sucking is over the top. The strike in question was fantastic. Best EPL goal ever? Absolutely not. I've seen overhead kicks as good or better. There have been a number of fantastic goals but for me at least Bergkamps goal v. Newcastle in the FA cup (I think) has to be the best. There hasn't been anything before or since to even come close.

Archived