Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

I am one of the last Gooners to be convinced Arsenal have turned the corner. I finally saw the proof that we turned the corner in our 1-0 away lsss to Man City. I know it sounds crazy to see that in a loss but we fought in the game and although I thought Man City shaded it we could have easily came away with a draw. Replay will show that RvP's goal was probably onside but no hard feelings to the linesman. In a splt second it could go either way.

We gave Man City a tough game. We almost played the best club in the league even on their own pitch and that was proof enough for me. I left the game proud of the effort and comittment. It would be petty of me to state the obvious about certain players we have that need to be sold or benched.

Cl is going to be a dogfight. As it stands now I'd have to peg the scum for 3rd if they stay healthy. I think 4th is a fight between us and Chelsea with Liverpool just a tad behind both. If Chelsea buys in January it will give them the edge. Right now they are hot and cold and have dropped points where they normally don't. Its the same as last season.

Man Utd are in it but City look the stronger and have bigger squad. Its no wonder when you spend the money they have. The media gives them a a pass when it comes to mentioning how much money they spend. Chelsea had more scrutiny and criticism.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yeahthat:

Unfortunately we lost another defender to injury. This time Djouro and with Sagna, Santos, Gibbs and Jenkinson all out we've only got four first team defenders left and one of them is next to useless. :sad:

We've lost mainly full backs. Pers, Vermaelen, Kos are still heathy. Djourou the only central defender. So, while a bad thing we can put up a make shift full back or blood a youth team full back. Flamini filled in admirably as LB during the CL run to the final. I wouldn't mind seeing anohter midfielder there who otherwise isn't being used like Rosicky whom is not bad at defending or Frimpong at RB. We may lack going forward but he can defend. Kos and Pers in the middle and TV5 at LB.

• 3 weeks later...
Apparently he's also considering a short term (2 month) loan deal for Henry (who is currently training with Arsenal)!

Arsenal 1 v 0 Leeds

Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry,.....

I'm not ashamed to say that the tears streamed from my eyes when Thierry scored, in fact they still are as I type this......what a legend, what a fecking legend. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Arsenal 1 v 0 Leeds

I'm not ashamed to say that the tears streamed from my eyes when Thierry scored, in fact they still are as I type this......what a legend, what a fecking legend. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

good to see henry back,i always liked him as a player except when he played against MU of course.

maybe not a surprise at his return as it had been rumoured for a while on a loan basis.

but the news of scholes returning to MU for the rest of the season left me gobsmacked.

it was a well kept secret at the club and not even the current players knew of his return.

welcome back to 2 legends of the EPL.

but on a personal note,i've heard great news.

my american cousin(dual american/british citizenship)has been invited to have trials/train with birmingham city football club in the next couple of months.

he's a goalie and bloody good and can also play at centre-half and centre-forward.

he's just turned 16 and beefed up and is certainly a robust young man.

he's played football in the usa for many years and often in teams in an older age group.

when i last saw him when he was around 13 i used to play football with him and he was a wonder between the posts.

saw him play a couple of competive games and he certainly stood for no nonsense from opponents or teammates.

i hope to get to birmingham and see him and watch him train under professional coaches.

i don't know how well his progression has gone but i wish him well and hope that the experience will help him.

Arsenal 1 v 0 Leeds

No shame whatsoever in shedding a tear. Seems an odd thing to consider but Henry seems like he's 'closer' to the club in heart and mind than Mr. Arsenal himself, Tony Adams.

good to see henry back,i always liked him as a player except when he played against MU of course.

maybe not a surprise at his return as it had been rumoured for a while on a loan basis.

but the news of scholes returning to MU for the rest of the season left me gobsmacked.

it was a well kept secret at the club and not even the current players knew of his return.

welcome back to 2 legends of the EPL.

but on a personal note,i've heard great news.

my american cousin(dual american/british citizenship)has been invited to have trials/train with birmingham city football club in the next couple of months.

he's a goalie and bloody good and can also play at centre-half and centre-forward.

he's just turned 16 and beefed up and is certainly a robust young man.

he's played football in the usa for many years and often in teams in an older age group.

when i last saw him when he was around 13 i used to play football with him and he was a wonder between the posts.

saw him play a couple of competive games and he certainly stood for no nonsense from opponents or teammates.

i hope to get to birmingham and see him and watch him train under professional coaches.

i don't know how well his progression has gone but i wish him well and hope that the experience will help him.

Congrats to the boy.

I have always appreciated TH and good to see him score, I also enjoyed the Vierra / Keane spats, there was never any true malice in it just two genuinely committed players who had a lot of mutual respect for each other.

But yesterday my star man Paul Scholes put one away, he always was my star player from the class of'92 and was always underrated in England. When I was working in Madrid the Spanish fans raved about him and said that if he was Spanish or South American he would have got a lot more plaudits. Before the 2011 Champions League Final, Iniesta, Messi and Xavi drew lots to see who would swap shirts with Scholes at the end of the game, Iniesta won [i also rate Iniesta over Xavi]

An interesting fact, TH has come back on loan and scored, Scholes came out of retirement and has scored, 50M Torres and 35M Carrol have yet to score in 2012.

Football Bloody Hell.

I have always appreciated TH and good to see him score, I also enjoyed the Vierra / Keane spats, there was never any true malice in it just two genuinely committed players who had a lot of mutual respect for each other.

But yesterday my star man Paul Scholes put one away, he always was my star player from the class of'92 and was always underrated in England. When I was working in Madrid the Spanish fans raved about him and said that if he was Spanish or South American he would have got a lot more plaudits. Before the 2011 Champions League Final, Iniesta, Messi and Xavi drew lots to see who would swap shirts with Scholes at the end of the game, Iniesta won [i also rate Iniesta over Xavi]

An interesting fact, TH has come back on loan and scored, Scholes came out of retirement and has scored, 50M Torres and 35M Carrol have yet to score in 2012.

Football Bloody Hell.

i was surprised to learn that scholes has now scored in 18 pl seasons in a row.

and of course giggs has scored in every pl season.

Archived