Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

I don't see the point gap as a powerful argument. Total league points vary each season. So many factors involved in it. Roman can spend 200 million this summer and make that point gap up. Arsenal just don't spend. We have the money. Arsenal's problems are self induced. We're one of the top 3 or 4 richest clubs in the world whenever the world's richest club list comes out. Arsenal lost to just about every club in the lower half of the table. Win most of those games and draw a couple and that gap isn't a gap. Man Utd are mired in debt. Man City are the only club of the two that can sustain buying. Tottenham are improving every year. Personally, Chelsea and Tottenham can get relegated as far as I care. I'm just making a point that its no foregone conclusion the Manchester clubs will dominate. You don't know what will happen. Arsenal have two billionaire shareholders, one of whom is richer than Roman I think (Usmanov), if not, bloody close. He gets control and its a spending spree. This isn't Scotland where you can pretty much guarantee the Glasgow clubs will dominate much to the chagrin of the Edinburgh clubs (Hearts and Hibs).

As for a the 20 year thingy, those things are just a reason for whomever comprises it to get on a Man Utd dick sucking celebration. Its going to obvious beforehand who will dominate, just as if you did the same in Germany (Bayern Munich) or Scotland (Celtic and Rangers). No surprise. Not jealous but its not saying anything. Man Utd have dominated much of the '90s and '00s. Do the same for the 20 years of English football from '70 to '90 and guess who willl come out on top? No surprise Liverpool will get the lions share of the plaudits with the odd mention of Leeds, Forest or Arsenal. Yawn...haha...I sound bitter, eh? LOL.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had Asrenal not chosen me (they say your club chooses you, you don't choose your club) hehe...I would probably have been a Liverpool or Newcastle fan. Not a Liverpool fan for the obvious reasons (they were winning) but for more subjective reasons.

So, I always had a soft spot for them...until now. I didn't like the way they handled the Suarez, racist abuse thing. Once it was clear and unequivocal that Suarez said it, you admit it, apologize and move on. He tried to use it as a team building, bunker mentality, us against the world thing with the squad. At least that's what I can only imagine he was trying to do. It made them seem like racial abuse was okay if its a Liverpool player. I lost all respect for him and the club over it. The club that had John Barnes in times where it wasn't popular to do so. So, for me, Liverpool's lowest EPL finish and King Kenny getting the boot is karma.

I am soooooo happy.....and a little drunk.....but defintely sooo happy

Great win for Chelsea.Will sicken a few on here who believe its against the rules to win by spending money..Arsenal have a lovely stadium with an empty trophy cabinet 7 and counting hahahahaha

Archived