Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

latest news on my nephew coming to thr UK for trials is very strange.

had an e-mail from his parents and they arrive either on thursday/friday this week.

he has had an e-mail from the club saying they are too busy to pick him and his friend up from heathrow and take them to birmingham?

it seems thay have to make their own way from london to birmingham and that is not right.

2 16/17 year old boys who have no idea of the transport system in the uk being expected to make their own way.

i will meet them at the airport and if needed drive them to birmingham but so far they have no address of where they will be staying.

i hardly know my own city in reference to roads and locations so i'm gonna be totally lost in a city i know fuck all about............

the football club has indicated they must make their own way to birmingham without giving them any info.

i find this appalling for a PL team who i consider should be looking after 2 young boys from a foreign country.

as yet they still not do not know where they will be staying...........

we might get more info on monday night(USA)time...late for me and find out more.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it would be my kid, I wouldn't even let him board the plane. They can show some serious interest and effort and care, otherwise a no go. Who's paying for the airfare tickets?

i understand your point but you've got to think of the boys.

they've been playing football since they about 6 years old and this is a wonderful chance for the 2 of them.

someone has spotted their potential and are giving them a chance to maybe have a career in the game.

maybe not at a PL team but they might get another chance at a lower league team.

i will know more on monday when i call the parents,but i will do everything i can to help him realise his dream.

i understand your point but you've got to think of the boys.

they've been playing football since they about 6 years old and this is a wonderful chance for the 2 of them.

someone has spotted their potential and are giving them a chance to maybe have a career in the game.

maybe not at a PL team but they might get another chance at a lower league team.

i will know more on monday when i call the parents,but i will do everything i can to help him realise his dream.

i still know this this is not the right place to be posting these stories about my cousin but as it involves sport............why not.

after many phonecalls we have finally got info on where the 2 boys will be staying and i will meet them at the airport and get them on a bus to birmingham and then they will be picked up by their host and taken to a 4*hotel opposite the ground for the duration of their stay....i'm surprised they will be put up in a 4*hotel.

but i am very surprised about the football clubs stance about when they arrive.

it seems they have to report to the club immediately for training that night.

they will have a travel time of around 24 hours to get to the club and have to train first before checking into a hotel.

surely 2 16 year old boys after all that travelling should be allowed to have a nights relaxation and start afresh the next day?.

they have been told they cannot check in to their hotel until after the training session.......they are going to be knackered.

Fabio Capello has quit as England manager.

His excuse is that he disagreed with John Terry being stripped of the English captaincy but I reckon he just used it as an excuse coz he knew England were going to be shite at Euro 2012 and didn't want the blame.

Apparently he's earned about 24 million quid in his time with England so quitting early and missing out on another couple of million isn't too much of a hardship!

i still know this this is not the right place to be posting these stories about my cousin but as it involves sport............why not.

i fucking hate Heathrow Airport.......... :angryfire:

terrible having to negotiate the stupid road system around it and find the right terminal and park.

got to the arrivals at their terminal and waited and waited and they did'nt appear? :unsure:

then i heard an announcement over the public address system concerning my cousin and i responded to it.

i was taken to to the immigration place where he was being questioned along with his friend.

a few problems had risen when they arrived(their age,no real idea of where they were staying,why thay were trying to enter England etc).

i was asked what i imagine the same sorts of questions they had been asked and thankfully roughly the same answers and i could also give info on where they were staying that night and contact numbers of who would be taking care of them whilst in the UK.

and all my details were taken as a relative and immigration was satisfied and they were released into my care.

i fucking hate Heathrow.......

5 terminals and we had to go to different terminals to try and sort out various things and so far to walk in between them.

but we finally got them on their bus to Birmingham and waved them off.

got a phone-call from our contact in the evening saying he had met them off the coach and taken them to their hotel,so at least i knew they were safe...after all you worry about 2 16 year old boys from a hick town in the USA arriving here.

first time they have ever been out of the USA.

training that night had been cancelled and our contact had taken them out for a meal and just roughly outlined what was going to happen the next few days.

he will send me a full intinary of their schedule but it seems light training and physical on Friday,watching a reserve game on Saturday and seats at the local PL derby between WBA and Wolves which they will love.

they will be bombarded with info which if they are like me will go in one ear and out the other.

but on Monday the fun begins.......

very extensive training and it seems they will be pushed to their limits which is a good thing.

they are get a huge shock over the next couple of weeks.

i just hope they both do well and enjoy themselves and impress people.

Don't understand the Capello thingy. To quit over that matter seems a bit odd and to me at least seems it was just an excuse to leave the job. I don't think he wanted to manage England any more.

The Suarez/Evra thing is a bit sordid. Not sure how Liverpool and Daglish can excuse Suarez using a racially charged word at Evra. They are defending him to the hilt. I lost a lof to respect for Liverpool over that.

Henry cements his legendary status at Arsenal with the injury time winner against the Mackems. 2nd time he's got the winner since he's been back on loan. People can talk about Cantona, Giggs, Shearer, etc. but Henry is the greatest EPL player so far. Some seasons he won the golden boot and the most assists and at times unplayable. Very complete player.

Sperz seem destined for top 4 and may have a crack at runner if either of the Manchester clubs falter. They will likely lose Redknapp to the national team over the summer but they are in a position to get a top manager. Not sure I see Mourinho going there as rumor has it. I see him at either of the Manchester clubs. Mourinho likes a situation where he has the biggest war chest in the league. He's had that for some time now. At Porto he had the most money of the top clubs, same at Chelsea and he was at Inter when Juve and Milan were hit with scandals and then Real Madrid is the richest club in the world. Can't see him breaking that formula.

Don't understand Liverpool either. First off, Suarez was bought by Liverpool on the back or rather middle of an 8 match ban from Ajax, forgot what that was about. I also was not impressed with his off the line clearance during the recent World Championships which got Urugauy in the semi final.

This whole Evra situation has been completely dealt with in the wrong way by Suarez and Dalglish. I lost all respect fr both of them. A shame really, since Suarez can play ball, but with that kind of attitude he should be denied entrance to any football pitch.

Don't understand Liverpool either. First off, Suarez was bought by Liverpool on the back or rather middle of an 8 match ban from Ajax, forgot what that was about. I also was not impressed with his off the line clearance during the recent World Championships which got Urugauy in the semi final.

This whole Evra situation has been completely dealt with in the wrong way by Suarez and Dalglish. I lost all respect fr both of them. A shame really, since Suarez can play ball, but with that kind of attitude he should be denied entrance to any football pitch.

Suarez had his ban in Holland for biting an opponent.

the Suarez affair was stoked up by the media and made the game something of a powderkeg.

it should have been all over,found guilty and served his ban.

but Liverpool did stoke it up by supporting him to the hilt and wearing those silly shirts at a recent game,Man Utd kept quiet about the situation to a large extent.

i watched Ferguson's press conference on Friday and so many questions about Suarez and Fergie got pissed off and said he was'nt interested in talking about the player.

but i actually feel a little sorry for Dalglish and Liverpool.

it 'SEEMS' Suarez told the club and manager he WOULD shake hands with Evra and then declined.

if so he let down his team and manager.

i see some observers are saying that Evra seemed to refuse to shake hands but i just don't see that.

but maybe Ferdinand was wrong to shake hands but he has said he saw that Suarez refuse to shake hands and decided he would ignore Suarez.

and Evra was probably wrong to celebrate like he did when the game was finished,but surely he was happy at a win?.

and i also see people are saying Evra was goading Suarez as he celebrated?,what shite,Evra was facing the crowd as Suarez walked behind him,Evra did'nt even know he was there.

but i think the reaction after the game from media and football fans took Liverpool by surprise and Suarez was probably spoken to very sternly and forced into an apology........even if he did'nt want to.

let's hope this is all over now........

but i wonder if all this attention would have happened if it was 2 players from Wigan and Sunderland?.

latest news on my cousin and friend having football trials at WBA.

got them there last Thursday and they were met by our contact and settled in to the hotel.

they had medicals and training over the weekend and taken to the Wolves/WBA game on Sunday.

on Monday we were told by our contact that they were being released after just 2 training sessions and i thought that was a little unfair as i thought they had'nt really been a fair crack of the whip.

but today(Wed)our contact called us with the news he had argued the point that they had'nt been given a chance and unfair to release them after a couple of days.

the scout who had seen them play in the USA agreed and they are now staying for another week.

he had a light training session with Ben Foster(1st choice goalie)and Foster told him he had potential but was small and lightly built but that sort of progression will happen.

it seems the pair of them will play in a couple of games against the under 20's at some stage and see how they get on.

spoke to my cousin and he said he was amazed at the standard of football he was subjected to but was determined to knuckle down and try his best.

we are thankful to our contact and the youth coach for giving them a further chance.

it will probably come to nothing but a great experience for the 2 kids and something to put on their CV when they get home.

both of them already have offers from several colleges in the USA to go on sports schloarships so hopefully this experience will help them.

Archived