Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

Arsenal's worst CL result but it really shouldn't be of no surprise to most gooners. We knew we were going to struggle way back in the summer. Worst EPL defeat late summer then other bad results. 4th will be a struggle. I've stopped being emotional about them. Just take the good and bad results the same. You have to or you'll go nuts. Oh well.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know Limbo, most Gooners blame Wenger and he certainly has to shoulder some blame but for me though Wenger has a boss. Wenger is an employee and can only do what he is allowed to do. There is a board technically but its impotent. There is no board in reality, the board is Kroenke, the American owner. I think Arsenal's future is in jeapordy because of him for a few reasons. First, I really don't think he 'gets it'. I don't think he really understands the passion football fans and the need to have ambition. I think he is about the money. Second, as I indicated he lacks ambition. He accepts mediocrity in his American teams and has done the same about Arsenal. He is in awe of Wenger and I fear its because of his financial acuity in making profits.

I think at some point there will be a fan revolt. Changes won't happen until then. Usmanov has an unsavory background as an oligarch but at least he'll be ambitious. He goes to the games, keeps up with results and he 'gets it' with regards to fans and football. He's also richer than Kroenke and can afford to make us successful. The new financial rules will supposedly limit the effects such as what we are seeing at Chelsea and Man City, but Arsenal doesn't have to go that route to be successful. The sponsorship deals are a joke and we spend too much on wage for mediocre players.

The future is dim I fear.

I wish I could disagree Steve!

Do you see RvP stay after this season? I would hate his guts if he would move to RM.

On a different note, Vitesse has a money guy now, withing the next two years they should be in the top 3!

I still look for Vitesse's results Limbo. Glad to hear of it. As for RvP, I don't know. He has one big contract left. However, I think he does owe Arsenal for sticking with him. He had a terrible fitness record and the club stuck by him when perhaps another club might not have. I can't blame him if he left but part of me thinks he does owe us something. Hard to say. I think he'll see if we have CL football and if there are any plans to bring in better players and/or offload the hanger ons.

....As for RvP, I don't know. He has one big contract left...

Exactly and I can't see him staying. If some club is going to pay him 50-100% more than he's now earning for the next 4 years and also give him the opportunity to win some trophies then, other than loyalty, why would he stay? :sad:

If we don't beat Sunderland tonight then our season will have unravelled just like last year. We don't have Henry to rescue us this week and Mertesacker and Koscielny are both out, so not looking too good.

Exactly and I can't see him staying. If some club is going to pay him 50-100% more than he's now earning for the next 4 years and also give him the opportunity to win some trophies then, other than loyalty, why would he stay? :sad:

If we don't beat Sunderland tonight then our season will have unravelled just like last year. We don't have Henry to rescue us this week and Mertesacker and Koscielny are both out, so not looking too good.

think yourselves lucky,you're still in the cup......for now... :angryfire:

but as you say it could go tits up like this time last year for you lot.

Arsenal are certainly not the worst team in the PL but they seem to fall apart for some reason.

hopefully my team will still be in the hunt for silverware in a couple of months.

Well, as expected we're out the FA Cup and if last season keeps repeating itself we'll slide from our current league position and miss out on next seasons Champions League. :banghead:

many stories in the media since the Milan game and is Wengers job in jeopardy?.

todays result will not help the club and stories of the fans discontentment are rife.

is Wenger untouchable?.

i think only Ferguson is untouchable in the EPL at the moment.

and also stories of a clearout in the summer,do the Arsenal fans think that would be viable?.

I would include Redknapp as one of the managers in the EPL who is untouchable by his club. Maybe Moyes at Everton but not sure. For now, Mancini as well.

As for Wenger, I think he is fairly untouchable. The reason I say that is the main owner Kroenke loves him. Wenger is making him rich. I read an article about Kroenke and his opinion about Wenger and you get the impression he needs a towel to wipe the cum off his chin and the dirt off his pants knees whenever he meets Wenger. Hill-Wood has come out and said no CL is not the end of the world.

Kroenke and the rest of the board give Wenger the run of the house. They don't think anyone else can do what Wenger does and that is the problem. They seem to be choosing profitability over trophies. They'd like both but will take the former over the latter.

Wenger's contract ends 2014. Unless we are threatened by relegation (and for a time early this season we were mired there) I don't see Wenger leaving before his contract is up. He deserves his statue outside the statue and should be viewed as a legendary manager if not the best (some say Chapman from the'30s), then no worse then 2nd best manager ever for us.

Personally, I think his time as come. I think we need a new owner. A more ambitious one. I'm meloncholy when it comes to Arsenal these days. I don't see things improving. I see us getting worse.

The only way changes will happen is if the fans revolt with their wallets. Money seems the only thing the board will respect these days.

Archived