Football Season 2011-2012

sayjann

I would include Redknapp as one of the managers in the EPL who is untouchable by his club. Maybe Moyes at Everton but not sure. For now, Mancini as well.

i thought Redknapp would be mentioned.

he probably is untouchable according to the talk coming from the board,but i think he will walk if he is offered the England job.

i like Redknapp and the England job would be the pinnacle of his career and think he would go for it.

i think he would be a popular choice for the job but i for one think the England job could be taken on in a part-time basis for Redknapp.

he knows the English game and the players so a lot easier then a foreign fella coming in.

Everton have problems with fans against the board more than Moyes and that will probably keep in his job despite Everton not being the greatest team for the last few seasons.

Moyes has done well at Everton considering the difficulties he has had to face over the years.

i'm still not sure about Mancini,the City job is so high-profile and the owners will be looking for success quickly and if not this season then i think will EXPECT it next season.

we know the new breed of club owners are so impatient that they want immediate success.

and a team like City with bottomless funds will certainly expect success sooner rather than later.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is the Man City owners don't seem as impatient to me. They stuck with Hughes way, way too long. Considering the amount of money they spent and are still spending, they have given Mancini way more time than one would expect. I expect Mancini to keep his job if he doesn't win the title.

I also think Mourinho may very well end up there. I've thought or a couple years now that its a tailor made job for Mourinho given his modus operandi in his career. At Porto, Chelsea, Inter and now Real Madrid he's chosen the club with the most money in the league. Porto were much bigger spenders than Benfica and Sporting Lisbon and Porto dominated the Portuguese league before he came there. Chelsea were already runner ups the season before and he got an open pocket book before he arrived there in the summer of '04. Inter enjoyed being the only top club remaining after Milan and Juve got caught up in scandals and Real Madrid goes without saying.

With regards to Redknapp, I don't know if the Tottenscum board would agree to sharing him with the England job or if the FA would be agreeable to it as well. I think Tottenham would IF they couldn't get a big name manager. The FA are a bit worried with the Euros so they may be agree. Remains to be seen.

Moyes has done a fantastic job at Everton considering the limitations. I wouldn't be upset if he managed Arsenal although my choice would be Steve Bould, the youth manager. He knows 'Wengerball', the current crop of young players all came through him and being part of the famuos back line I have to think he not only knows defending, which Arsenal often lacks, but will buy and nurture a good central defense such as Graham did.

Newcastle hovering around the 4th spot still is a great feat. Also, as much as I hate the curmudgeon, Ferguson has done well to be staying there with Man City considering the money 'citeh' has spent.

i still think Redknapp would be the good choice of England Manager.

there are probably 20 players in England who are guaranteed a spot in any squad for any tournaments and another 15 or so who will be considered.

he has the advantage as he knows the players with his years of working in the English game.

i still think the English job could be done on a part-time basis,after all only a few games each year.

a foreign manager has a big disadvantage with no contacts among clubs and having to start afresh.

Moyes has done a good job over the years and i think safe in his job,but i don't see him leaving Everton for one of the big clubs.

but i'm still not sure about Mancini,i don't think he will be at City in 2 years.

and Mourinho is an interesting question.

Ferguson has stated he wants another 2/3 years at Man Utd and has said over the last few years he sees Jose as the man to replace him.

i wonder if that will ever happen?.

Never said Redknapp wouldln't be England manager. He's the easy choice and the probable choice. Many would be surprised if he didn't get it. Doing part time is the issue that I think is debatable and would not be surprised if both the FA and Tottenham poo poo the idea. As long as fat ass Sam Allardyce or dickhead Pardew doesn't get the England job I could care less. Not much of a chance of either.

if Mancini wins the league he's safe. Again, Hughes was kept on way, way longer than he should have so the shiekhs have shown great patience in managers. Mancini won't be there forever obviously but most other sugar daddies who has spent what the arabs have would have expected more. The arabs seem to have a hands off policy to some extent. They won't be as patient for ever but the money spent means nothing to them. Its the prestige they like.

I think its a shame Moyes hasn't had the opportunity to manage a big club. He deserves the shot.

Not sure if Mourinho would take over Man Utd with the financial issues the club still has. Wouldn't be surprised if he was offered and he accepted but Man City has far more money and flexibility than Man Utd. Man Utd looks better on his CV obviously but at this point in his career he doesn't need to enhance it. Just a guess, but bringing fame and trophies to Man City may seem more enticing to him than continuing the trophy haul at Man Utd where he'd be considered along other greats. Having the opportunity to be immoralized at Man City has their greatest manager may appeal to the Special One's ego. Just a thought. There are vague rumors he could come to Arsenal but I don't see that happening.

Very recently he has been suggesting that either Ryan Giggs or Ole Gunnar Solskaer would be a good replacement for him.

OGS has certainly been talked about recently as manager and already has experience of the MU set up as a player and coaching at the lower levels of the club and now having success back in Norway and enhancing his reputation.

and he would be a popular choice amongst supporters as he is a legend at the club.

i don't think Giggs has the experience for the job but i think he will certainly be kept on at the club in a coaching role to learn a lot more.

but Jose is a tough call,i know him and Fergie are friends these days but i don't know how the fans would react to any appointment?.

OGS has certainly been talked about recently as manager and already has experience of the MU set up as a player and coaching at the lower levels of the club and now having success back in Norway and enhancing his reputation.

and he would be a popular choice amongst supporters as he is a legend at the club.

i don't think Giggs has the experience for the job but i think he will certainly be kept on at the club in a coaching role to learn a lot more.

but Jose is a tough call,i know him and Fergie are friends these days but i don't know how the fans would react to any appointment?.

media talk and other rumours that AVB had 2 games to save his job.

well a draw in the FA Cup and a loss on the CL has certainly put the pressure on.

i enjoyed the game as they are the one club i dislike in the PL and seeing them lose was so funny.

but his team selection was a little strange........... :dunno:

i wonder if the Russian will be looking for his 7th managerial appointment since he bought the club shortly?.

but if he goes he will walk away with a HUGE golden handshake.........lucky barstard.

I've always thought Roman would be his own worse enemy at Chelsea. Looking at his background he came into wealth quickly (and suspiciousl). He never had to work his whole life to accumulate wealth so does not have the same respect for money that someone who built a business from scratch did. He wanted instant results at Chelsea and instead of building a foundation he just tried to do the nouveau riche thing and buy instant success. He meddled in the team and he had no football experience. He sponsored a team in Russia but he was no more knowledgeable about the sport as most of you on this forum.

he could have had Mourinho for a long time and meddled. My guess is he's grown bored and also the big financial hit he took (along with other billionaires) in 2008 and 2009 made him re-think the tens of millions he was losiing. He's gotten a lot of that wealth back but it made him wary.

City is a different kettle of fish altogether. Far, far more dangerous to football because they have limitless pockets and are a bit more patient and have no problem with outspending everyone for anyone, Roman has showed a reluctance to buy at times. The arabs have no such concern.

In terms of financial set up, I can't think of a club better suited than Arsenal. Man Utd m akes tons of money but they are carrying the sort of debt and in an amount that is not good. Arsenal's debt is tied up in the stadium which is more than paying for itself. Man Utds debts take down revenues not enhance it but its doing a good job of reducing it I think.

The Arse 5 v 2 The Scum :bow:

Wow, what a fantastic match! 2 v 0 down I thought here we go we're going to get thrashed. :sad:

But not so, all square by half time, 3 v 2 up shortly after the restart and we never looked like conceding after that and two Theo goals just made it majic. :yay:

But don't let us kid ourselves, this was a fantastic result that we sorely needed but Arsenal are still in deep shit. One result doesn't make a season and I sincerely hope that Arsene doesn't see too far beyond this result.

On top of that Theo may have scored twice but he still has no place in an Arsenal side. He is totally inconsistent and 2 goals in a blue moon means eff all. Time for him to go in the summer clear out (I hope).

Nice to see Rosicky score again. Let's hope they can continue in this style, Spurs have a very heavy schedule over the next 5 or EPL games and are not sure at all with a 3rd place now. If they lose next week vs ManU, it becomes really interesting, providing the Arsenal can win next weekends game.

Archived