Jump to content


Football Season 2011-2012


  • Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#11 chocolat steve

chocolat steve

    old hand

  • Board Sponsors
  • 11645 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:04

I didn't expect anything from the game and it was worse than any one expected. As I said in my previous posts Arsenal are in bad shape. Its obvious to the world now. What's happening on the pitch is a reflection of what's going on inside the club. Its badly run these days.  I have my opinions that I won't bore you all with but the results reflect the management.
"...you ever see me with a white woman, I'm just holding her till the police come..."  - Redd Foxx

#12 sayjann

sayjann

    old hand

  • Board Sponsors
  • 12956 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:03

View Postchocolat steve, on 29 August 2011 - 03:04, said:

I didn't expect anything from the game and it was worse than any one expected. As I said in my previous posts Arsenal are in bad shape. Its obvious to the world now. What's happening on the pitch is a reflection of what's going on inside the club. Its badly run these days.  I have my opinions that I won't bore you all with but the results reflect the management.

a great result for utd but let's not go overboard about the scoreline... :nono:
arsenal played a very weak defence which just fell apart at times,but arsenal did show some guile at times.
rooney's 2 free-kicks were sublime and young's goals showed class but the errors for the welbeck,nani and park goals were criminal.
but arsenal did show promise at times and did create chances which had utd worried and apart from another de gea's error for walcott's goal he had to be on his toes at times.
young and smalling were superb during the game and ran arsenal ragged.
i've enjoyed watching smalling this season so far,for a defender he so loves getting forward and causing problems.

but some poor defending at times by utd gave arsenal chances.
the penalty save changed things and who knows what would have happened if arsenal had scored?.
but utd applied the pressure in the 2nd half and arsenal just fell apart.
there will be games this season where arsenal play badly but get a win and games where utd play as good and don't win,that's why i love this game........ :monkey:
Go-Go Yubari is my favourite Go-Go

#13 chocolat steve

chocolat steve

    old hand

  • Board Sponsors
  • 11645 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:01

Remember this is the same Arsenal side that was up 4-0 against Newcastle and drew and up 2-0 at half time against Tottenham at home and lost 3-2. Supporters know their clubs like no other. Intimately involved. Arsenal were in troulbe since last season. There is a general lack of belief throughout the squad whereby they don't think any scoreline can be held.

I continue to say that the league top to bottom is weaker than in previous seasons. No disrespect to Man Utd, they deserve to be champions but doesn't compare to the previous sides of this decade. Chelsea woefully under perform as well. Unheard of for a Chelsea side since '04 to lose 3-0 at home to the likes of Sunderland as they did last season. Liverpool out of the CL, Arsenal barely hanging on to a CL place. Man City with all their quality can 'only' muster a 3rd place (although things look like they will turn this season).

I'm not buying the rest of the league has gotten stronger argument. I don't see the clubs in the middle of the table any better than the clubs in the middle a half dozen years ago. The top of the table sides compared to their same squads of 5 or 6 years ago would lose to them with the exception of Citeh of course. Tottenham are better, a few are but the top aren't.
"...you ever see me with a white woman, I'm just holding her till the police come..."  - Redd Foxx

#14 teddy

teddy

    addict

  • Board Sponsors
  • 3584 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 21:32

View Postchocolat steve, on 30 August 2011 - 02:01, said:

Remember this is the same Arsenal side that was up 4-0 against Newcastle and drew and up 2-0 at half time against Tottenham at home and lost 3-2. Supporters know their clubs like no other. Intimately involved. Arsenal were in troulbe since last season. There is a general lack of belief throughout the squad whereby they don't think any scoreline can be held.

I continue to say that the league top to bottom is weaker than in previous seasons. No disrespect to Man Utd, they deserve to be champions but doesn't compare to the previous sides of this decade. Chelsea woefully under perform as well. Unheard of for a Chelsea side since '04 to lose 3-0 at home to the likes of Sunderland as they did last season. Liverpool out of the CL, Arsenal barely hanging on to a CL place. Man City with all their quality can 'only' muster a 3rd place (although things look like they will turn this season).

I'm not buying the rest of the league has gotten stronger argument. I don't see the clubs in the middle of the table any better than the clubs in the middle a half dozen years ago. The top of the table sides compared to their same squads of 5 or 6 years ago would lose to them with the exception of Citeh of course. Tottenham are better, a few are but the top aren't.

Arenal were very entertaining today, I had to change my undercrackers at least 3 times during that match.
Free love on the free love highway, she's goooonnnnnne

#15 The_Munchmaster

The_Munchmaster

    Fat Cunt

  • Board Sponsors
  • 12231 posts
  • LocationBonnie Scotland at the moment

Posted 18 September 2011 - 14:24

View Postteddy, on 17 September 2011 - 21:32, said:

Arenal were very entertaining today, I had to change my undercrackers at least 3 times during that match.

Did you have to change your "undercrackers" at all during the last couple of hours?

Spurs 4 v 0 Liverpool (2 players sent off)   :shakehead  :rotfl:
"Guess that I was born to be a rover.
Guess I've always been a rolling stone.
But someday when my rolling days are over.
I will find a place to call my own.
'Cause even the lone stars they get lonesome.
Lonesome as the lost ship on the sea.
Even the lone stars they get lonesome.
Lonesome for a lone star man like me."

#16 Pom Michael

Pom Michael

    The Dude

  • Board Sponsors
  • 4322 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 18 September 2011 - 15:51

Man U up by 3 at the half against Chelsea - nice game!
My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshiped him. Warrant Officer Paul Brenner, C.I.D. {The Generals Daughter}

#17 sayjann

sayjann

    old hand

  • Board Sponsors
  • 12956 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 18:24

interesting weekend......

arsenal were baffling,their team was too good to lose against blackburn but there still seems to be something missing at the moment.
blackburn certainly had the hunger for the game and they played really well.

spurs just tore liverpool apart and liverpool just folded and 2 dismissals did'nt help their cause.
they just had too many players who went missing during the game.

city losing a 2 goal lead was very surprising,espiecally against a team like fulham.
but fulham are one of those teams who have no superstars and have to bond together might tighter than the bigger teams.

chelsea certainly played some good football at times and had utd rocking but thankfully de gea had a good game which will give him confidence.
utd maybe fortunate with the first 2 goals as on another day they might have been ruled out for offside.
but they took their chances a lot better than chelsea,but on another day chelsea would have won with ease.
torres certainly had a mixed afternoon,scoring a very good goal and then missing a total sitter.... :rotl:
rooney also had a strange day,scoring an easy goal after getting the benefit of a lucky deflection and then following in the footsteps of terry by slipping as he took the pen and hit it high and wide.... :yikes:
then missing a somewhat easy chance when hitting the post..... :cussing:
but i was baffled by the cole/hernandez incident.... :dunno:
i don't know the rules of the game letter by letter  :deal:  but if cole was deemed to have fouled hernandez and was booked then why was another penalty not awarded.... :wacko:
i can only think that the officials thought the foul was committed after the ball was out of play,but imo that is a worse foul then if a player is in control of the ball...it was a lunge by cole and a possible leg breaker... :nono:
but looking good for utd at the moment with jones/smalling showing how good they could/will become in the future.
5 out of 5 and the team to beat at the moment and looking good even though are sloppy at times which will prove costly in future games.
but i'm happy with their all-round game which is breathless at times but i know we will lose against the little teams,it always happens that way.
Go-Go Yubari is my favourite Go-Go

#18 chocolat steve

chocolat steve

    old hand

  • Board Sponsors
  • 11645 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 00:10

I've said before a ball was kicked this season that Arsenal are in trouble so no surprise as to the results. Its been meltdown since the cup final. Only 3 league wins since then and one of the worse summers in terms of preseason games I've seen for a long time. Its not a talent issue. On paper it a decent squad, good enough for a CL place and with some luck a bit more but the squad lacks any semblence of a collective belief as well as the wrong tactics employed usually. Many fans I've known who worship Wenger want him out. I think we have the wrong owner frankly. In any event I don't expect it to get much better. I just hope we can at least get a draw against spurs and not suffer a loss to them on Oct. 2nd. I can conceivably see Arsenal ending up 6th or even 7th this season. Its that bad...if nothing changes.

Looks like man utd will walk the league as it stands right now if nothing changes and man city will offer some thing of a challenge. Once 'citeh' gets a better manager they'll win the league.
"...you ever see me with a white woman, I'm just holding her till the police come..."  - Redd Foxx

#19 163

163

    journeyman

  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 24 October 2011 - 15:31

View Postchocolat steve, on 21 September 2011 - 00:10, said:

I've said before a ball was kicked this season that Arsenal are in trouble so no surprise as to the results. Its been meltdown since the cup final. Only 3 league wins since then and one of the worse summers in terms of preseason games I've seen for a long time. Its not a talent issue. On paper it a decent squad, good enough for a CL place and with some luck a bit more but the squad lacks any semblence of a collective belief as well as the wrong tactics employed usually. Many fans I've known who worship Wenger want him out. I think we have the wrong owner frankly. In any event I don't expect it to get much better. I just hope we can at least get a draw against spurs and not suffer a loss to them on Oct. 2nd. I can conceivably see Arsenal ending up 6th or even 7th this season. Its that bad...if nothing changes.

Looks like man utd will walk the league as it stands right now if nothing changes and man city will offer some thing of a challenge. Once 'citeh' gets a better manager they'll win the league.
6-1
Yesterday to City
5 points clear.Should be interesting to see how Utd respond.

#20 chocolat steve

chocolat steve

    old hand

  • Board Sponsors
  • 11645 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 23:16

Belated response. Citeh fans have to be peeing themselves with joy. The random star player buying by Man City are actually gelling this season. I didn't think they had it in them. Great win but the scoreline is a little misleading. City deserved it but the goals didn't start coming until MUFC had a man sent off and about 3 of the goals came around extra time.

Great win for us at Chelsea. Rock bottom seems like the MUFC game. Arsenal have actually has only had one loss (derby loss at sperz) and about 7 or so wins in the last few weeks. I don't think we have turned it around yet. Chelsea didn't play many good teams at home (Swansea, WBA, Norwich, Everton) so their home record was misleading and they lost big to MUFC. They are not as good as their record made them out to be. Its going to be a Manchester fight for the title it seems. Will be interesting to see how citeh responds to a loss. Does seem to be their year but its early days. We are also criminally overreliant on van Persie who is having a career season so far. He's on fire.
"...you ever see me with a white woman, I'm just holding her till the police come..."  - Redd Foxx




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users