February 2012

Redbaron

Hey guys and gals,

The way I calculate it, it will be about 10 years since I first caught up with a bunch of lads at Victoria station in sunny old London. In the years that followed, what started as 4 lads stumbling around turned into a dozen, and from what I read, while I've been out of the loop the "London Contingent" now has more members than the Manchester United football club and Real Madrid combined! :soccer:

The 4 or 5 years I spent as an "active member" of the LC, a "founding :tophat: father" nonetheless, were amongst the best years of my life. Drinking in Camden and the now lost King's Head in Soho, :drunk: New Years Eve at the Beer Garden Soi 5, staggering through Soi 8 in "Gomorrah-by-the-Sea" as my older brother Carew66 (formerly known as Carew65) puts it... Conversations with my younger brother Spirit of Town Hall, while often confusing and chemically induced were memorable and more often than not hilarious... Spending quality time with my dad, Lusty (formerly known as Rusty), was always an adventure.

In any case it's set. Barring any riots or natural disaster I'll be landing in the second half of February, and as usual will attend one or two Friday night Bangkok meetings :beer: (relying on a reminder closer to the date where it is now - last time was Gullivers, before that was Woodstock, I know it's been a while). A trip to Gomorrah :skull: to visit my older brother C66 is a must, and I'll likely be checking out an island or two, or CMai. Will be around 2-3 weeks all up, so hope to catch up with as many of you lot as I can.

Looking forward to catching up, reliving old memories, laughing, and drinking to the ones we've lost along the way. :rip:

Stay well, yep, I'm finding the smilies easier to use on the new board.

Can't wait! :monkey:

Red :chili:

Hey guys and gals,

The way I calculate it, it will be about 10 years since I first caught up with a bunch of lads at Victoria station in sunny old London. In the years that followed, what started as 4 lads stumbling around turned into a dozen, and from what I read, while I've been out of the loop the "London Contingent" now has more members than the Manchester United football club and Real Madrid combined! :soccer:

The 4 or 5 years I spent as an "active member" of the LC, a "founding :tophat: father" nonetheless, were amongst the best years of my life. Drinking in Camden and the now lost King's Head in Soho, :drunk: New Years Eve at the Beer Garden Soi 5, staggering through Soi 8 in "Gomorrah-by-the-Sea" as my older brother Carew66 (formerly known as Carew65) puts it... Conversations with my younger brother Spirit of Town Hall, while often confusing and chemically induced were memorable and more often than not hilarious... Spending quality time with my dad, Lusty (formerly known as Rusty), was always an adventure.

In any case it's set. Barring any riots or natural disaster I'll be landing in the second half of February, and as usual will attend one or two Friday night Bangkok meetings :beer: (relying on a reminder closer to the date where it is now - last time was Gullivers, before that was Woodstock, I know it's been a while). A trip to Gomorrah :skull: to visit my older brother C66 is a must, and I'll likely be checking out an island or two, or CMai. Will be around 2-3 weeks all up, so hope to catch up with as many of you lot as I can.

Looking forward to catching up, reliving old memories, laughing, and drinking to the ones we've lost along the way. :rip:

Hello Stew,

I will be there 100%, you are right, next year will be 10 years. This is going to be the big one, before we are all too old to party.

Fond memories of Camden and Soho, I still have vivid memories of you me and Gordon in Camden, I didnt sleep for 5 days.

ICE, a sleepless dream or nightmare. Both.

STH

Hey guys and gals,

• 1 month later...

Archived