New Board Vs Old

khunsanuk

25 members have voted

1. 1. How is this new forum software in relation to the old one?

• A lot worse
    • A little worse
    • About the same
    • A little better
    • A lot better

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditto that :beer:

KS the one feature I do miss is that I could see how many new posts were added to a topic or threads I had some interest in. Sure, one can tag a thread, but if you tag about 8/10 threads you get notifications when sometimes, you just want to know ... I hope I could make it any more clearer than that :beer:

Hi,

I agree that that was pretty useful, although I can understand why it isn't included (takes a bunch of extra queries). Still, that and it being 'bland' can't be reason enough to consider this forum much worse than the last.

BTW, unrelated, but found out something new just now. If you click on the number of replies in a thread (on the thread listing page, in the Stats column) it shows a list of which people posted in that thread, and how many posts they made in it. Not sure what use this is, but well...

Sanuk!

Hi,

Bland how? I think there is actually a bit more color in this one.

"16 votes out of how many board members?"

Right, noticed that as well :(

Guess not too many people still give a shit :(

Sanuk!

You're confusing members with active members. Sure there are thousands on the books but most join to find specific information and never come back... look at ThaiVisa with it's 100,000+ members.

To get a more accurate assessment of "those that give a shit" send out a group email with a link to the poll.

Archived