New Board Vs Old

khunsanuk

25 members have voted

1. 1. How is this new forum software in relation to the old one?

• A lot worse
    • A little worse
    • About the same
    • A little better
    • A lot better

Hi,

So, a day and a half have passed since I asked specifically what people don't like and all I've had is that it is a bit 'bland'. Am I to conclude from that that the main reason people don't like it is because "it is different"? :)

Sorry to be so flippant, but there is not much I can do to help reduce the problems if nobody tells me what it is they dislike.

Sanuk!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Okay, for those who voted worse, what exactly is worse? Maybe it can be sorted out, or maybe you just haven't found the relevant feature yet.

Sanuk!

i voted for the better.

when it first came available i found it strange but that's to be expected.

but now i can find most things that i desire.

i'm a simple lad and all i need from the board is to be able to view posts from members/topics/start topics/smilies and the option to pm other members.

all that is satisfactory for my needs.

Don't know the old one, this one looks good, mind you there's a lot of effort going into talking about it. Social media is not dying in terms of numbers but it is dying in terms of relevance, boards like this will last for aeons.

Have you ever read a 45 year old dreadlocked skateboarder's comments on facebook?

Not worth your time, but this board is.

:cover:

Hi,

So, a day and a half have passed since I asked specifically what people don't like and all I've had is that it is a bit 'bland'. Am I to conclude from that that the main reason people don't like it is because "it is different"? :)

Sorry to be so flippant, but there is not much I can do to help reduce the problems if nobody tells me what it is they dislike.

Sanuk!

I do not like it as much.

The board is not as easy to read.

1) Forum Index in the boxes makes the eyes bounce, if your eyes are like mine, need to refocus into each box.

(yup, bad eyesight and getting old, I guess my bad eyesight, I notice the bounce more)

2) White background and type is two small, not comfortable.

3) Jump to, Not Yet Read, is very big,unless a extremely interesting thread, not going to thumb the post to find out where I left off.

4) Bland, hard to explain, but less character, just another board.

MANY people will vote with their feet, may not even think about the reason.

I think you will see this in reduced traffic over time. If you do not see it already ?

Archived