Visa Docs - Criminal Record - How Clean?

Coss

Bangkok Immigration is at Jaengwattana now - almost in Nonthaburi. It's in a huge new building in a sprawling government compound, part of Thaksin's Hitler-like "improvements" to his capital city. (There is a shopping centre in the basement - naturally - with bank branches if you need them.)

The NZ Thai Embassy says the following

(15) One Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits

A One Stop Service Center for visas and work permits visas extensions re-entry permits and work permits is located at

207 Rachadapisek Road,

Krisda Plaza,

Dindaeng,

Bangkok 10310,

Tel 662-693-9333-9,

Fax. 662-693-9340

Any idea anyone, if this is still the case?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just seen this in the Thai Immigration site (E version) which is interesting.

Featured Service

— You could apply an extention stay at every the checkpoint except at the Suvarnabhumi Airport Checkpoint.

— You could apply a re-entry permit at every checkpoint. However at Suvarnabhumi Airport Checkpoint would provide this service if necessary depend on officers approval.

— For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to bkk1_reentry@immigration.go.th

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

— What does the Visa Expiration Date Mean?

— With c ooperation between Immigration Bureau and Government Contact Center, now you can call 1111 for immigration inquiry for 24 hours. 3 baht per call for fixed line phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You cannot convert to a Retirement Visa until your allotted time has almost expired.

I tires to do this.

I had the non-Immi 0ne year visa (O-A), entered LOS 01 May 2011, I could stay in LOS for 90 days. After being in LOS for 60 days I went to the Immi office with all the copies and paperwork and asked to convert to the Retirement Visa, they said "no" must wait to like one week before my 90 days was up.

Did what they said and I was given the "O" visa in 15 minutes! but had to wait about 1 hour to get the multi-entry stamp and then another hour to get the "I am a reside" letter, which they mailed to me in three weeks. With the resident letter, costs 100 Baht for the mailing otherwise free, you can buy/own a car/motorbike. You must specify car, bike or both (I specified both, why not?).

A one year OA visa gives you 1 year from the date of entry.

Archived