Visa Docs - Criminal Record - How Clean?

Coss

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Flash, good reading that site, current intelligence suggests that provided some Laotian is interested in you, a 6 month or 1 year visa is easily accomplished.

Yes, Thailand is one country that keeps trying to make it much harder than it should be ... it makes staying in the neighbouring countries for sanook more and more appealing these days :beer:

beer.gif

Thanks for all the advice, so much easier than figuring it out for a first time fellow.

OK lads, Non Imm O obtained (Family) but S for single entry. (I asked for multiple but not forthcoming)

What are my odds, on getting it extended to a Non Imm O (retired) within 15 days of arriving at Bkk? (because then I go to Laos).

i.e. where the faaarrkk is the Imm office and what are their turnaround times?

The multi entry part of all of this... is the key, given I'll be flitting around Laos and possibly Cambo/Phils/Burma, so any pointers on the multiple entry bit?

Cheers in anticipation

Coss

You cannot convert to a Retirement Visa until your allotted time has almost expired.

I tires to do this.

I had the non-Immi 0ne year visa (O-A), entered LOS 01 May 2011, I could stay in LOS for 90 days. After being in LOS for 60 days I went to the Immi office with all the copies and paperwork and asked to convert to the Retirement Visa, they said "no" must wait to like one week before my 90 days was up.

Did what they said and I was given the "O" visa in 15 minutes! but had to wait about 1 hour to get the multi-entry stamp and then another hour to get the "I am a reside" letter, which they mailed to me in three weeks. With the resident letter, costs 100 Baht for the mailing otherwise free, you can buy/own a car/motorbike. You must specify car, bike or both (I specified both, why not?).

Bangkok Immigration is at Jaengwattana now - almost in Nonthaburi. It's in a huge new building in a sprawling government compound, part of Thaksin's Hitler-like "improvements" to his capital city. (There is a shopping centre in the basement - naturally - with bank branches if you need them.)

I guess I'll have to get a rentry permit (multiple) when I get there (immediately) and come back to Bangkok at 83 days or so for the retirement and such.

Any one know if there's an Immigration office near or at Nong Khai?

Cheers

Coss

Archived