Coss In Los Afer 2.5 Years

Coss

Well all, I'll be in BKK for two Friday meetings.

I've redeemed airpoints so I'll be in BKK for Fri meetings 30/9 and 7/10

R&R before I woo MyLaoGirl

One hopes to drink with the miscreants I've met in the past and others I've yet to meet :)

I may bring my darker twin, Cosspital ...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all, I'll be in BKK for two Friday meetings.

I've redeemed airpoints so I'll be in BKK for Fri meetings 30/9 and 7/10

R&R before I woo MyLaoGirl

One hopes to drink with the miscreants I've met in the past and others I've yet to meet :)

I may bring my darker twin, Cosspital ...

Hey, Coss, I get back from the states from my vacation on the 6th October! May have to hang out in Bkk for an extra day and go to the meeting. :-) Would be good to see you again after all these years (and some of the other reprobates as well).

Hey, Coss, I get back from the states from my vacation on the 6th October! May have to hang out in Bkk for an extra day and go to the meeting. :-) Would be good to see you again after all these years (and some of the other reprobates as well).

Excellent, be good to meet up. :)

"Coss in Los" has a certain ring to it. I can imagine a crowd chanting it, "Coss in Los, Coss in Los, Coss in Los......"

BTW Coss, did we meet a few years ago at a Friday meeting on 23, or am I mistaking you for someone else? :confused:

That was me, and that was you as well unless, I'm very much mistaken.. :)

Well done, Coss - I admire your discipline. 2.5 years is precisely the length of time I still have to endure here in Boredom Central, and you've inspired me to push on. OK, so I fell off the wagon a month or so back, but that marked 12 months since my last trip - I came away determined that I wouldnt have to go back to Swampy for anything worse than a visa run. You've raised the bar, Amigo.

I will hang onto this thread as I count down the months (sigh), and I'll definitely be with you in spirit as you leave the airport, suck in that Bangkok air and drink in the sight of that skyline on your way to Suk. I'm sure the expats take that trip for granted, and probably dont spend too much time looking out the window of the cab, but to me its one of the highlights of a trip, and 180 degrees away from the (much dreaded) return trip to the airport. The sheer relief at finally being on the ground, out of Customs and embarking on another adventure - priceless. I can feel my pulse quickening as familiar landmarks emerge and I'm virtually embracing the driver by the time we pull onto Suk - surprisingly, I even felt that way after visa runs to Malaysia and Sillypore. For all the madness, it just feels so good to be back in a city that gets the blood pumping in your veins - damnit man, I envy you !

Looking forward to your trip report :beer:

30 months, 30 months, 30 months, 30 months .........

Archived