Thai Citizenship?

khunsanuk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the one I know. I count JS as one of my better friends. Even been on his boat.

Been invited a few times, but have never been on the boat.

I understand that careful plans were made to assure British citizenship in addition to the other two guaranteed ones for the newest member of the clan, causing the eldest son to miss the annual Oilman’s this past December.

TH

Been invited a few times, but have never been on the boat.

I understand that careful plans were made to assure British citizenship in addition to the other two guaranteed ones for the newest member of the clan, causing the eldest son to miss the annual Oilman’s this past December.

TH

HT it sounds better if they don't mention names.

I knew Norman Pajasalmi quite well, his father Esko founded the first PR company in Thailand, the family had Thai citizenship, though they where 100% Finnish, which was granted by the King for services rendered by his father.

Norman was a great bloke, but sadly died in 2007, quite young, just a little older than me. He often joked how he quite liked driving Thai authority crazy with his Thai citizenship.

Norman was pretty well off but you would never know it, low key, I never knew he had money until told by a mutual friend. I guess you take someone out of Finland but you can't take the Finnish out of them!

Norman spoke and wrote Thai better than most Thais, which he used with devastating effect, and coming from a advertising background, with great humour.

Was very sad to learn he died.

The other white Thais are mostly female as other's have stated, though I do know a few male white Thai's. I was asked a while back but refused, Just didn't have the amount needed at the time though I was guaranteed the process.

Not sure it's a country I want a passport from to be honest. Singapore is one that is far more attractive and oddly I could have had one.

DUH!

so who? if it is high profile why not mention the name?

Well, for one it is not my place to do so. If we meet one day I will tell you. Doubtless others here know also and they may to. BUt I dont tend to go giving out peoples full names here unless they are a flat out public figure like an actor or politician.

well William Heinecke is probably the most well known (but for sure the richest) Farang with dual citizenship.

I know another one, who is owner of a big local company founded by his ancestors. grew up in LOS but educated abroad. There are others as well.

Another one (an example from the first half of last century) is of course the founder of Silpakorn university, an Italian who got Thai citizenship as well.

well William Heinecke is probably the most well known (but for sure the richest) Farang with dual citizenship.

I know another one, who is owner of a big local company founded by his ancestors. grew up in LOS but educated abroad. There are others as well.

Another one (an example from the first half of last century) is of course the founder of Silpakorn university, an Italian who got Thai citizenship as well.

Bill Heinecke renounced his US citizenship in 1991.

thailand-richest-09-william-heinecke-excellent-adventure

TH

funny that even many years after this, he is mentioned in many newspapers and magazines as having dual citizenship

anyway, what is the benefit of a Thai citizenship except avoiding all the visa hassles and shorter queues at airport immigration?

dual pricing system in national parks and at tourist sights goes by face, not by passport as the people checking will not believe a farang face having a thai passport...

dual pricing system in national parks and at tourist sights goes by face, not by passport as the people checking will not believe a farang face having a thai passport...

I agree to differ on this, Thai prices apply if you show your WP which I have done on numerous occasions over the years.

Archived