BATE Borisov

Group H

Barcelona

AC Milan

Ajax

Victoria Pizen

I will post my thoughts later

I will post my thoughts later

i suspect fergie will be as happy as i am.

a good draw is short away trips and in fine locations.

benfica and basle are short trips and less fatigue scenario

utd will be prepared for the meeting with friends in portugal(i can already the photo of sir bobby and eusebio together) and they will love basle's ground.

i attended a match there in 2005 and was very impressed with the ground/facilities and location.

and utd fans will like basle as it's a lovely town and very friendly.

romania is a unknown trip and i imagine utd are already booking tickets for their staff to scout the hotels and facilities in the area.

had a quick look on the web and a small ground(13,500 capacity)and i imagine the staff in romania will be very busy in the next few days with ticket enquires.

Ajax is in group D. In group H it should be BATE Borisov (whoever the feck they are?).

Man U get easy group, but then they always do.

:hmmm:

according to the opening post arsenal are in a 5 team group including zenit st,petersburg,but i find no mention of zenit on arsenals fixtures.

arsenal rode thie luck against udinese,they should have been beaten but showed their experience and compomsure to finally grind out a win,they should qualify through the group stages though.

but i see them suffering in the knock-out stages.

the group stages are a difficult time.

i like man utd to avoid greek/turkish teams and playing any team in the old soviet union during their winter.

but get 9-10 points from the first 4 games you should qualify and be able to relax a little.

i'll be in thailand for utd's first game against benfica and it will kick-off will be around the 'official' closing of bars... :sad:

but hopefully i will have sorted out some bar which will be open late(lock-in maybe)and i will get to see the game and definately a night alone as i will be too pissed to entertain any young lady,sleep will be needed.

Archived