Stick, That Had To Hurt ....

gobbledonk

OK, this isnt Thaland-specific, but I'm sure Stick and a host of other Kiwi expats were glued to whatever TV they could find in BKK for the Tri-Nations Rugby final on the weekend. It didn't go according to the script:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=10748061

This was a particularly sweet victory after the All Black's coach had expressed surprise that the Wallabies had ever won a tri-nations cup : yes, bro, it WAS back in 2001 but apparently it did happen. We have photos and everything ....

Kiwis living in Oz, of which there are about 4 million, seem to consider this a 'good' thing, as a loss will clear the decks for the World Cup. Time will tell ;)

If we'd thrashed the Wallabies all the way through, it wouldn't be exciting would it?

But All Blacks will probably choke at the 11th hour like they usually do :)

So true, Coss, so true, but tell that to the maniacal horde that jams Eden Park each time the GreenandGold come to town - give that lot pitchforks and torches and they wouldnt look at all out of place ...

Rugby League fans like to bang on about the atmosphere at Lang Park for State of Origin, but I dont think its a patch on the fanatical, parochial crowd that jams into Eden Park - they seem to be sitting right on top of the players, and I'm sure some of them join the Haka at the start ...

... Rugby League fans like to bang on about the atmosphere at Lang Park for State of Origin ...

Not a bad atmosphere, and each to their own ... I always found union crowds to busy smelling their corduroy jackets (with leather elbow patches) to actually watch the game, more of a "be seen" then "see" type of crowd :beer:

Rugby... a game played by thugs and watched by gentlemen.

Soccer... a game played by gentlemen and watched by thugs.

Rugby... a game played by Big thugs and watched by gentlemen.

Soccer... a game played by small gentlemen and watched by thugs.

Archived