Sign in to follow this  
gobbledonk

Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

I was going to keep appending Coss' 'Back in LOS After 2.5 Years' thread, then it hit me - I could create a thread which might motivate myself and others with a relatively steep hill to climb.

Target: Dec 1, 2013

117 weeks away. Update your calendars, chaps ;)

vintagekwai,

Coming, but with the intention of only having to leave for visa runs or in a box at the end of my 'stay'. No more heading out to Swampy and dreading the return to 'normalcy' - bring it on ....

red,

Just as I envy coss, I envy you, and I started this thread in the hope that someday some poor sod will envy ME ! :clown:

26:03:52:12

I really need to setup a counter like that on my laptop, but I fear that the number of days would depress me atm. I already have a wild party planned for the day my 'weeks' figure drops below 100 ! :clown:

I found that once I'd decided on a course and set my sails, trimmed my sheets and laid down the stores, the journey was uneventful and being a long term venture, allowed for planning in fine detail, perhaps obsessive detail.

But as the days diminish, it is akin to entering a harbour, tacking through reefs and rock as the final obstacles, stressful now more than ever, but the end is in sight, the mooring awaits, along with the wench in the tavern...

Take heart, the end is not far away.

I was going to keep appending Coss' 'Back in LOS After 2.5 Years' thread, then it hit me - I could create a thread which might motivate myself and others with a relatively steep hill to climb.

Target: Dec 1, 2013

117 weeks away. Update your calendars, chaps ;)

October 21 ...7 weeks :neener:

October 21 ...7 weeks :neener:

7 weeks ? You seem to spend at least 6 months of the year in Thailand, TB - I'm not sure you are in the same headspace as those of us who dont have that luxury ;)

(Yes, I know that wasnt always the case, and I recognize that it didnt come without sacrificing something)