Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

gobbledonk

OPL, thats the whole idea of this thread - when I'm struggling through another Winter, I can look back at posts where it was over a hundred weeks and push on. There are hordes of guys in LOS right now who are having the time of their lives, but most of em have a date with the dreaded departure lounge at Swampy - 116 weeks is a small price to pay to, hopefully, avoid having to take that cab ride for anything other than a visa run.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And 20:03:54:23 for me after 2.5 years of Gobbling :p

Dude, I'm not even going to go there ;)

Seriously, I hope it all works out for you in Laos - I think its a bold step and I'm keen to hear how it goes. I found Vientiane even less enticing than PP, but thats roughly the same as basing one's opinion of Australia on a 2-day trip to Sydney (or perhaps Adelaide might be a better parallel).

Flash, you do know we have Farang Mor Lam, right ?

(How ironic is it that a group of people dedicated to something as tame (lame might be a better word) as line-dancing would choose a tune that embraces boot-legging, drug-running outlaws ? And they said rap was subversive ....)

The South will rise.

Dude, I'm not even going to go there ;)

Seriously, I hope it all works out for you in Laos - I think its a bold step and I'm keen to hear how it goes. I found Vientiane even less enticing than PP, but thats roughly the same as basing one's opinion of Australia on a 2-day trip to Sydney (or perhaps Adelaide might be a better parallel).

Yes Vientiane is dull, but that's what's good about it. If I'm looking for a place to woo a GoodConservativeLaosGirl, I reckon not having Cowboy in the next street is a big advantage.

And If I fail, all the more reason to depart VT for Bkk.

:)

I must admit, it was only 45 weeks ago I made the decision to go to LOS/LAOS seems like yesterday.

45 weeks would KILL many of the regulars here ;)

Atm, I'm just focussing on getting it down to double digits. Until that heady day arrives, anything under 52 weeks is just pure fantasyland.

One of the Pattaya jailbirds they interviewed last night said that he still loved Thailand, even from behind prison walls. Not sure how much of it was putting on a brave face for the Brit camera crew, but I look at the amount of time they spend simply waiting for their day in court (18 months to two years) and my 'sentence' seems like a weekend away in comparison. Happy thoughts.

Archived