Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

gobbledonk

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

107 weeks, but at least I know my 'sentence' - Conrad Murray gets to sweat a little longer.

106 weeks, and I'm looking forward to two milestones that are not far away -

- 104 weeks, naturally

- 99 weeks : you cant imagine what double figures will feel like after having started my own mental countdown in August, 2010 ....

Like any big project, you need milestones. Unlike most big projects, I'm not dreading the arrival of my deadline.

OK, but we all have our crosses to bear - when I finally get on that plane, I wont be coming back. As I dragged my sorry carcass out of bed this morning, I consoled myself with the thought that I only have 103 more Mondays to endure. OK, I'm sure there will be a few Mondays where the hangover makes me think work would have been preferable, but thats a risk I'm prepared to take !

Not a taunt. But for the record this was the best trip I ever had, in my life, not just to LoS -- but anywhere. Physically - absolutely beat and spent, I feel like I just played in the superbowl and gave it all.

Strengthened my resolve to come out for a year or two next June/July. That's when I'll have the target budget I want. Also a very strong probability it'll be sooner.

The point is -- it's worth it. Stick to your plan. Dude.

Not a taunt. But for the record this was the best trip I ever had, in my life, not just to LoS -- but anywhere. Physically - absolutely beat and spent, I feel like I just played in the superbowl and gave it all.

Strengthened my resolve to come out for a year or two next June/July. That's when I'll have the target budget I want. Also a very strong probability it'll be sooner.

The point is -- it's worth it. Stick to your plan. Dude.

can't believe where the time has gone.

14 days from now and i will be flying over europe towards LOS.

Archived