Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

gobbledonk

The point is -- it's worth it. Stick to your plan. Dude.

Short of doing something really stupid, I don't really have any other choice. I can either continue sailing to the horizon or leap overboard - I expect there is a point in every long ocean voyage where sailors contemplate that choice, particularly in rough seas, but what can you do ?

Your post actually motivates me, Dave, as I can reflect on how bloody knackered I've been each and everytime I've come back from Asia - even Bali - and how I came to dread that bloody cab ride to the airport. Its amazing how enjoyable (!) it can be when its only for a visa run to Penang or Sillypore, and how utterly demoralising exactly the same cab ride is when you know its going to be another 6+ months back at work. Not sure how God managed to time it, but I recall every single trip back being under leaden skies and that really didnt help my mood - its like that here today, but I can deal with it.

Anyhoo, 103 weeks and the ship is still sailing.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically, its feasible that I could go earlier than my self-imposed 103 weeks-from-now, but I wouldnt be able to show the same wild abandon that I've shown on past trips, and where's the fun in that ?

as i type this i will be landing in 38 hours..... :cheerleader:

sorry gobble,i could'nt resist it...... :snowgrin:

103 weeks from now ain't gonna be a "trip" is it? It's gonna be the rest of your life! :yay:

However short that may be, Munchy, however short that may be.

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2010/Blackie-Bangkok-Legend.htm

The irony is that I might exercise a little more fiscal restraint if I had the 'assets' Blackie landed in Thailand with, but that's right up there with saying 10 million dollars would make me a better person.

as i type this i will be landing in 38 hours..... :cheerleader:

sorry gobble,i could'nt resist it...... :snowgrin:

I hope you'll pop in and post something in this thread just before you head back to the airport - please tell us exactly how crap that feels. That, right there, is what I plan to avoid when I finally get on the plane.

Detour:

2 years ago today, I was in Malaysia with Ms CP on a holiday that I had saved for many months to afford. Instead of coming with me to sample the delights of Georgetown, she was unconscious in a hotel room - I dont think she *smiled* until we were in the cab on the way back into BKK. Having basically wasted several thousand dollars showing her Singapore and Malaysia, I was just relieved that she would no longer turn her nose up at the food or the people (ok, some of the people ..). When I think of that holiday, spending my second-last Xmas in Dullsville isn't the end of the world.

I hope you'll pop in and post something in this thread just before you head back to the airport - please tell us exactly how crap that feels. That, right there, is what I plan to avoid when I finally get on the plane.

Detour:

2 years ago today, I was in Malaysia with Ms CP on a holiday that I had saved for many months to afford. Instead of coming with me to sample the delights of Georgetown, she was unconscious in a hotel room - I dont think she *smiled* until we were in the cab on the way back into BKK. Having basically wasted several thousand dollars showing her Singapore and Malaysia, I was just relieved that she would no longer turn her nose up at the food or the people (ok, some of the people ..). When I think of that holiday, spending my second-last Xmas in Dullsville isn't the end of the world.

don't worry mate,i feel like shit now knowing i'm gonna have to return to the uk.....

anyway my last post before i take off in 10 hours from heathrow and after a short stop in bombay i will be in bkk around 0730 thai time on wednesday,flight to phuket and in hotel by 1400 thai time.

see my gal at around 1500 and after a trip to see my best ever friend on phuket it will be back to the hotel and shower/massage and then what i hope is the best happy ending ever............. :biggrin:

then time for a drink or 2 with old friends.... :xmascheer:drinking:

think of me around 2200 thai time wednesday night..... :tuxedo::monkey::chili::wave:

By 2200 Weds night, I reckon you will be passed out on top of some poor unfortunate woman. I've only had a couple of trips where I arrive early AM in BKK - usually get in at 11pm - and you really do need to have a kip in the afternoon, IMO. Yes, I do envy you, but I pretty much envy *everyone* at this point in time. Enjoy your leave pass - I'll be interested to hear if its as dead in the nightlife areas as Stick has reported.

Archived