Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

gobbledonk

Sure, but they go for to Asia for 2-3 weeks (or months) then fly back. In 101 weeks, I dont plan to fly back - ever. If there was a 'Retirement' forum, this thread would be better placed, but there isnt so its in 'Meetings', I dont have a problem with flying to Thailand - I do have a problem with having to fly back.

Some might. Many are shit scared they may lose their jobs if absent for more than 2 weeks, even less.

You don't have that in Oz. You even have the "Long service leave", 2 months of holidays after 10 years of service, unheard in most of the countries.

If you are contemplating a "see you again (Oz) when and if I want" gig, then I could understand your point.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, clearly simple arithmetic has deserted me in my old age:

Dec 1, 2011 : 104 weeks

Dec 8, 2011 : 103 weeks

Dec 15, 2011 : 102 weeks

Dec 22, 2011 : 101 weeks

Dec 29, 2011 : 100 weeks

< 100 weeks left, and into double figures come Thursday. Still a fairly steep hill to climb, but its all good.

Just for that, Dave, I am forced to call it one day early ! :angryfire:

99 weeks, people, 99 miserable motherforkin' weeks ! May it disappear like the hair on Dave's head and the baht in his wallet at the first go-go he ventures into in (sob) 7 days time. Its no accident that he and Torneyboy will be in town at the same time, given that one is almost certainly a bot invented by KS to pump up membership. :neener:

Sorry about the cryptic shit GD, meant 'T - 7' as in Takeoff minus 7 months and counting. Last day on current job will be July 13. Then a couple weeks of fucking about. Then will be on the ground in BKK first week of August for a year long stint. 7 more months sir.

So - doing some rough calculations - that makes about 31 weeks to departure. Followed by 52 weeks in BKK. Which means that if I come back without extending at 83 weeks from now, you still won't even have left yet. GAH! :yikes:

I was going to buy you a beer when you made it too. :) Oh well, chin up mate, not too long and you'll be the one rubbing it in.

Happy New Year.

6470946899_a145df6152_z.jpg

52 weeks in BKK ? Sheeit - they would have to scrape me up off Suk and fly my remains home ! The 3 months I did in 2008 was great, but by the end of it I was pretty keen for something a little more laidback - I guess the message is that we should be careful what we wish for. I know have laidback in spades, laidback in triplicate with a beer chaser ..... :banghead:

Anyway, enjoy your 7 months of anticipation. I plan to be in 'anticipation' mode from the 50 week mark.

Archived