Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

gobbledonk

i will identify with you there.

the first few days tend to go slowly and i don't notice the time passing.

suddenly i have 3/4 days left and i realise i have'nt even kissed half the amount of ladies i intended,let alone have my wicked way with them and if i don't have a regular lady then i go a 'screw an asian' rampage.

but even with a regular lady i tend to have s/t's when i can.

although i tend to get flights out of bkk around midnight so i've normally recovered from my last night on phuket.

I believe Asia belongs to folk who can sleep until midday without having to get hammered the night before. With a midnight flight, I would have been up from 8am (or earlier) that morning and have an entire day to kill : it just doesnt work for me. Given the hangovers that went with my 2pm 'rise and shine' efforts in 2008, I think I'd still take 'totally stuffed' over the jackhammer headache and projectile vomiting. Not to mention the joy of looking at an empty wallet that previously contained a wad of thousand-baht notes : I just cant afford to go down that road in 2014.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Asia belongs to folk who can sleep until midday without having to get hammered the night before. With a midnight flight, I would have been up from 8am (or earlier) that morning and have an entire day to kill : it just doesnt work for me. Given the hangovers that went with my 2pm 'rise and shine' efforts in 2008, I think I'd still take 'totally stuffed' over the jackhammer headache and projectile vomiting. Not to mention the joy of looking at an empty wallet that previously contained a wad of thousand-baht notes : I just cant afford to go down that road in 2014.

i agree about the late rising,i'm on a lazy holiday and why get up at the crack of dawn?.

some nights i have an early night but others i'm on the razzle until well into the morning and a lay-in is needed.

my flights home normally mean i leave for Phuket airport around 6pm so i still have around 6 hours in Patong to have a few drinks while saying goodbye to people but i don't go overboard with the alcohol,just enough for me to have a sleep on the plane during the 6/7 hour flight before my stopover.

i rarely drink on planes,the beer or two as i don't want to be getting up for a piss too often.

i actually like having a beer or two when i land in the UK before having to deal with the shitty train journey home.

7 hours fark! Last trip I was quite happy, as by the time I'd made the flight from Phuket to Singapore and re-boarded the plane, I was exhausted. A feed, drink or two and I slept until breakfast was served in the morning and we were getting ready to land at Tullamarine. The hour drive home with the FGF (Farang Girlfriend) was long and painful though, as reality hit.

I definitely need to get a pill that will let me sleep sitting up in an aircraft - to date, I havent been able to do it. Hopefully, from 2014 it wont be an issue as the longest trip I plan to take will be a visa run of < 2 hours. Even BKK-Angeles City wont be much more than that, and I should arrive refreshed and ready for the whatever the night will bring. :grinyes:

from 2014 it wont be an issue as the longest trip I plan to take will be a visa run of < 2 hours.

Good luck to you if you think that you can retire in Thailand nowadays making back to back tourist visas, it just does not happen anymore.

You have not thought this through to much have you!

Archived