Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

gobbledonk

That's the part where I could never really man up - knowing that each trip would be separated by 6 or so months of life back in the Land of Endless Tedium. I know - its what you make it yada yada - but I cant think of another experience as depressing as the cab back to Swampy. It would be even moreso if I had to go back to -11 temps (and the long nights that go with that) - anyway, I'm sure you can look forward to your next sojourn a mere 6 months from now.

I have no problems with that, do remember I am married to a Thai gal and that I have my little piece of Thailand right here at home....and last week I was rather happy to be back home after 6 weeks of LOS as I ended working too much from the hotelroom the last 2 weeks, being self-employed.

BB

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I've decided to take a little holiday from my weekly updates, as the number of weeks ahead of me is having the *opposite* effect to that which I intended when I started the thread at 117 weeks. I really need it to be a number below 50, and that is a depressingly long time away. Its usually OK during the week, but seems to hit home on weekends. I know - man up, do your time - whatever.

Let's revisit this in 2013, shall we ?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I've decided to take a little holiday from my weekly updates, as the number of weeks ahead of me is having the *opposite* effect to that which I intended when I started the thread at 117 weeks. I really need it to be a number below 50, and that is a depressingly long time away. Its usually OK during the week, but seems to hit home on weekends. I know - man up, do your time - whatever.

Let's revisit this in 2013, shall we ?

no pompen, up to you... chinaman.gif

And before you forget:

where are you flom? How long you stay? Holiday or business? You pay bar?

• 3 weeks later...

Given that I broke my 'vow' and went to BKK/Pattaya in Feb, 2012, I may have stuffed the 'epic' part of this thread ..... anyway, I'll leave it for another year with the solemn vow that I wont be going back until I can avoid the cab back to Swampy. God I hate that departure lounge.

Given that I broke my 'vow' and went to BKK/Pattaya in Feb, 2012, I may have stuffed the 'epic' part of this thread ..... anyway, I'll leave it for another year with the solemn vow that I wont be going back until I can avoid the cab back to Swampy. God I hate that departure lounge.

i'll keep it quiet for now but 70 days until i leave balmy england for los.

i've never had a problem with leaving los after a trip as i know the end of the trip has come,no point on dwelling on it.

I guess I just dont live sufficiently in the moment, but I start getting morose anywhere from 3 days to a week (!) before I have to leave. Morose and ridiculously drunk, and the last trip was the first time in a long time that I havent gone to Swampy with the kind of hangover that would kill a bull.

I guess I just dont live sufficiently in the moment, but I start getting morose anywhere from 3 days to a week (!) before I have to leave. Morose and ridiculously drunk, and the last trip was the first time in a long time that I havent gone to Swampy with the kind of hangover that would kill a bull.

i will identify with you there.

the first few days tend to go slowly and i don't notice the time passing.

suddenly i have 3/4 days left and i realise i have'nt even kissed half the amount of ladies i intended,let alone have my wicked way with them and if i don't have a regular lady then i go a 'screw an asian' rampage.

but even with a regular lady i tend to have s/t's when i can.

although i tend to get flights out of bkk around midnight so i've normally recovered from my last night on phuket.

Archived