Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

gobbledonk

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It might be flooded!

Main highway in Ayutthaya is blocked. In Bangkok, Laksi roundabout, Vibhavdhi road near the Yakult company and the gov complex on Chaeng Wathhana road all suffering from varying amounts of flooding. Lam Luk Ka road also blocked somewhere from what I just heard. City hall apparently now concerned that Bangkok east will be inundated with water from the north. The next couple of months could be tough and the Bangkok flood defence barrier well tested. Meetings may be held in canoes. Naked gogo dancers forced to wear life jackets.

Grmph.

RM, it IS flooded. Will just grab a couple of beers and sit in front of the house floating paper boats. Loy krathong is here a bit early this year.

Though within striking distance of the Meeting, I unfortunately have to go in the opposite direction to get home, plus I took the 4WD so have to drive therefore can't (won't) drink. Will still get my feet wet, though. The water in the soi probably just deep enough for those canoes, but not deep enough for life jackets. Bring em on, I say.:)

Have a nice night.

Maybe I'll see you the next time around, Coss.

Hang on in there, GD. Keep counting. You'll get here eventually.

VK

Hang on in there, GD. Keep counting. You'll get here eventually.

VK

Thanks. That's the whole (pathetic) reason for this thread - that counting down will somehow make each soul-destroying week go a little faster. Every time they mark an anniversary of something on telly (usually something bad ..), I think 'No way THAT was 2/3/4 years ago !'. Its moments like that which give me hope.

Could be worse - a lot worse. One of the Farang in jail in Pattaya referred to his cell as 'the place where time stands still'. I think it was the guy who dodged the death penalty and got 50 years. :doah:

Archived