Sign in to follow this  
gobbledonk

Gobble's Epic Countdown Thread

109 weeks, and they really need to get better than this one has been.

108 weeks, and still on a bit of a downer.

Had to scan in some documents for a local yesterday - 55 and just been diagnosed with bowel cancer. Maybe the Buddhists are right - its about the journey, not the destination.

7 days and 2 hours till touchdown at Swampy. Started packing.

:)

Rub it in. As I said, I take some comfort in knowing that you still have at least one more iteration of the dreaded taxi-back-to-Swampy, whereas I hope never to have to go through that again. Except for visa runs, and even then I might be able to revisit the ambiance of Don Muang for the Udon-Vientiane experience, just for old times sake. Given that its currently about waist deep out there, I'll give it a couple of years to dry out.

97 days ? Bah - I could do that standing on my head. Its the 650-odd days that I have to do just to *get* to the point you're currently at that annoy the shit out of me ...

Fortunately, we now have a firm date for the end of organic lifeforms on the earth's surface:

http://www.deepastronomy.com/apophis-asteroid-could-hit-earth.html

If I'm still on the planet in 2029, I will consider my plans for the years 2014-2020 to be a complete and dismal failure. Just remind me, how long did it take Blackie to drink himself to death ? :stirthepo

97 days ? Bah - I could do that standing on my head. Its the 650-odd days that I have to do just to *get* to the point you're currently at that annoy the shit out of me ...

Fortunately, we now have a firm date for the end of organic lifeforms on the earth's surface:

http://www.deepastronomy.com/apophis-asteroid-could-hit-earth.html

If I'm still on the planet in 2029, I will consider my plans for the years 2014-2020 to be a complete and dismal failure. Just remind me, how long did it take Blackie to drink himself to death ? :stirthepo

still i horrendus 42 for me.............