Ubuntu - Reading An Xd Card

Redbaron

Morning all,

Have installed and am loving the Ubuntu OS on the little laptop - faster, simpler - awesome. Thanks to whoever recommended it a few weeks/months ago. One thing I can't get happening is reading/extracting photos from an xd card (Olympus if it makes a difference). Have googled for the answer, and it looks like by doing *something*, or downloading/installing *something* it can be done, but quite simply, I don't understand the instructions.

So if anyone knows how to do it, and knows how to explain it to someone not as technically gifted as others - please explain. Will buy lots of beers if/when I see them in Feb.

Thanks a million, as always

thanks baa - found the cord (why does there seem to be 100 different USB plug sizes for all these gadgets?) and it's working.... great stuff.

Munchie - Ubuntu is a Linux based Operating System. It was recommended to me by KS in this thread and so far (touch wood) it has not missed a beat, starts up in seconds rather than 5 minutes, webpages load faster and once I got used to it, easier to use than Windows.

Archived