Photography Dslr Camera Lenses And Stuff...

Redbaron

Just went with the standard lens (18-55) which came with the camera pretty much for nought. One of the lads at work was a pro photographer before he joined the marriage and divorce club and has a lot of top Canon gear he wants to offload. Have one of his zoom lenses with me here (28-200 from memory).

Will likely buy one or two zooms from him, and a couple of primes, a macro or two if he wants to get rid of them. That will keep me busy for a while. If he changes his mind (and I'm encouraging him to get back into it, he was a great wedding photographer), I'll buy em from the shop, or try online to save a few bucks.

$1250 with the 18-55mm lens

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, good choice as Munchie volunteered. You ARE going to be kept busy exploring the world of digital photography. Lots of ways to get creative in a relatively inexpensive way. (Trashing pics that don't turn out the way you envisioned, for instance.) Before you get an entire line-up of accessories and other lenses, you might want to make sure you are really comfortable with your new purchases and you can expertly navigate your camera and the lens that came with the body. I've had my camera for almost 2 years and have spent a fair amount on accessories (including a $400 Canon flash). I'm kind of technology challenged in some ways, so I finally bought a DVD to help me explore/practice with my camera and another DVD to understand my flash unit. 55555555555555

HH

Yeah, that's the exact plan HH - and another reason I just bought it with the 18-55 (that, and lenses are a lot cheaper from other places, rather than "bundling" with the camera). Spring has sprung here and I have my son for the next couple of days. Christmas coming up etc, so by the time my Feb trip comes up I should be reasonably comfortable with it.

Had a play last night, and this morning and coming up with some great shots of my son doing funny stuff.

Do have the 28-200 to play with for a bit as well, but will likely use the shorter one for most of this weekend, unless we go fishing - might get a few good shots there.

Archived