Fiery Jack's One Day Bkk Stopover Disaster: A Warning To Us All

Fiery Jack

Remind me never to go out for a night on the town with Jack. :yikes:

Reading his report, it would seem to be the *days* that cause him grief. ;)

When I left CM on my last trip in July, I found myself in a similar situation : an entire day to kill in BKK. Hopped in a cab, went into town and met up with the ex and her gal pals (stunners, and I'm talking stone-cold-sober-daylight-stunners : I dont know where the crazed bitch finds these women ..) for a trip to the movies. No alcohol and got on the plane feeling good about my day. I admit thats a first for me.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your comments. You clowns so quick to condemn or mock me, or look on me as you would a child left alone in the kitchen for moments thence discovered drinking from the dog's water dish or smearing his face with cat food: heal yourselves. :nono: The reason I made that post was twofold I suppose. Firstly, just to get it off my chest and, secondly, to let anyone, particularly newbies, unaware of the perils abounding in BKK P4P activity (so I don't mean smug veterans) know that even a seasoned salty old seadog such as myself can get quick out of his depth if he takes his eye off the ball for just a moment (i.e. too much booze). There was a lot of shit on here recently about trying to make the board more newbie friendly? My post was responding to that. I am speaking it like it is, just in case. And if my post helps prevent one single hitherto clueless newbie not get ripped off in BKK or anywhere else come to that, then, well, job done. Well done, Jack. Good on you, mate. :hug:

And I am thence frowned upon for being a dickhead? Great. :applause:

So the only punchline is the one I wrote: be warned. If you already think you're warned and armed, good for you. I would have thought the same a fortnight ago, but I got burned. Yes, weaving around lower Suk at 11AM slack-jawed and red round the gills, with eyes on stalks and reeking like a brewer's socks is no doubt the equivalent of hanging a sign round your neck that says 'Rip Me Off'. So be it, and if that's true, then I got my just desserts.

But I like to fly near the flames. Red Baron got it. :yeahthat: And, this time, I got burnt. I suppose I was and am in shock. Fifteen years of being lucky (Christ, some of the stuff I've done in LOS would make a Camden crack whore blush... :doah:), and one day of losing. Not bad. No complaints. It could have been much, much worse. I lost 4,000 baht. So what. I kept my cool, made my flight. :clown:

Lessons learned:

1. Never pay a tart in advance.

2. Er, that's it.

jack :help:

Take your point, Jack, and I apologise if I seemed to be preaching from my own very shaky pulpit. Alcohol can mess us all up - I had my wallet stolen in China after a few beers, and have found myself in some dicey situations in other parts of Asia courtesy of the alarm bells being severely dampened by grog. I also have a tendency to start buying all my newfound 'friends' beers after I've had a few - a practice the more cynical here are dead against unless, of course, *they* were seated nearby when I was buying ... ;)

One of the worst experiences I had was regaining consciousness after a particularly hideous night on the grog (Mehkong is a bitch..), Ms CP clearly wanting to kill me and dashing headlong onto Suk to try to remember what the hell I had done. A Farang (I wouldnt know him from Jack, but he clearly recognised me) started laughing as soon as he saw me, saying something along the lines of 'Look what the cat dragged in !'. There followed a quick recount of my actions the previous night, and to this day I wouldn't believe any of it were it not for Ms CP's version of events and scattered images that gradually came back to haunt me. When I read your own misadventures, I realise that I am a novice at this caper - I haven't woken up on the floor of a restaurant/bar yet, but I'm still a youngster.

As you said, many years of LOS and you've lost 4K baht - I agree that's a pittance. If I tallied the money I've spent on Ms CP and her friends, it would easily be up around the million baht mark - I doubt that you take your dates to Bali, Singapore, Malaysia and all over Thailand (?). The irony is that I hooked up with her, in part, because I was worried about being ripped off - live and learn. It would have been cheaper to just hand my wallet to the first freelancer I saw on Suk and catch a plane back to Oz, but where's the fun in that ? :clown:

Cheers,

Gobble

Just last month, a similar incident happened to me with a woman on Beach Road, Pattaya. She started crying after we were in the hotel room, then became angry, loud and threathening. I managed, however, to get her out and on her way quickly. There was another one many years ago in Pattaya with a psycho who was probably something on the order of a seventh degree black belt in the martial arts. I was in bed with her and all of a sudden she started screaming [i may have made a sexual move she didn't like], the kind of scream used in the martial arts, and throwing hard punches that stopped just a few millimeter before contact. When the screaming started, a hotel worker was at my door very quickly, whereupon she left.

Your luck may improve if you stay away from freelancers.

Like I said, barfines do sometimes have a use!

But let's not forget in all of this, what happened to FJ has happened to many of us. Maybe not exactly but to some degree or another.and for those who have not lived similarly recklessly at one time or another, well that's just a boring life you've lead then. To be reckless is a human prerogative, not that we should make a habit of it, but there are times when it is appropriate. 4k was tiny but in all that the only thought I have is that 4k spent with just a fraction less abandonment could have bought so much more. Indeed for not much more than that small sum you can get drinks in a gogo, a barfine and LT with a Stunna, bargain!

a psycho who was probably something on the order of a seventh degree black belt in the martial arts.

I really doubt that, however proficient she may have seemed to you. Its become common practice in many parts of the world, esp the US, for people to start wearing red belts, declaring themselves 'Grand Master' etc and the whole 'degree' thing has become a bit of a joke. If you saw any of the Okinawan masters in their street clothes, you would barely give them a second glance, and they absolutely don't do anything to attract attention to themselves. Even the 'Mr Miyagi' cliche from the movies is pure Hollywood, and the evangelists of each style do their level best to build up the mystique around their masters. You end up with this image of a veritable superman who can leap tall buildings in a single bound. I've met exactly one genuine master, Wong Shun Leung, and he was as unremarkable as any middle-aged Chinese man you could imagine - its hard to separate fact from fiction in any of the accounts of his life and prowess I've read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Shun_Leung

This girl might have had some training at some stage, but its more likely that what you were seeing was the same psycho bitch that strikes fear into most male hearts, not because of what she can do but because she has no fear of the consequences. A true Kamikaze warrior. ;)

A month or so ago a colleague had a BG pull a knife on him as he was driving, pressing it against his throat and demanding 20,000 baht or she would kill him! He stomped on the accelerator, which threw her backwards, and pulled into a garage. He jumped out and ran to the office, shouting for them to call the police. This being Thailand, they simply stared at him and did nothing. Meanwhile, the gal used her knife to scratch hell out of his car. He managed to call the cops himself, who doubted his story ... until they watched the surveillance video and saw her attacking his car. He remembered her name and picked her out in a book of police photos. The police said they knew her well, she was a repeat offender.

But this was not a freelancer. He BF'ed her in a Nana Plaza bar! :p

If I can bang on a bit more - very OT - one of the teachers in the kwoon I briefly (2 years) trained at in the 80s told me why he had given up Tae Kwon Do for Wing Chun. He was still training in both martial arts when he was offered the chance to go to Hong Kong for a week and study with one of Yip Man's few remaining students - for what seemed like a King's ransom back then. Reading between the lines, the HK master didnt particularly like Gwailo and charged a fortune for as little as an hour's 'tuition' - even then it was strictly by invitation.

When he got there, G. was left in a corner to practice the first form - he was less than impressed given that he had a black belt in TKD and had spent 18 months learning Wing Chun - but he persevered. He was struck by how skinny his fellow students were, his 5'10" frame dwarfing most of them, and the first few sessions were uneventful. That ended when they paired him up with one of the scrawnier students for 'sticking hands' :

I don't pretend to fully understand the technique, and its easy enough to go through the motions, but the idea is that you should always have 'forward force' and if your opponent dropped his hands you would strike without thinking. Sounds easy, right ? Anyway, G. thought he had a reasonable handle on it, until this little guy 'started bouncing me off the wall'. The thing that really blew him away was that he felt completely powerless to stop it - as soon as his arms made contact with his training partner, he was a passenger.

Over the rest of the week, he realised that he had to start all over again - the key to the whole thing wasn't in punches or kicks, it was in the stance. These physically puny 'junior students' from HK hadnt questioned their teacher when they were told to stand in a corner and do the first form repeatedly, but that's the foundation, and you don't build skyscrapers on balsa wood. G. thought he knew how to stand, he thought he knew what forward force was, but it was back to square one. Even years later, it wasnt unusual to see him practicing that first form while more junior students were busy trying to learn weapons or something 'exotic', but the proof was in the pudding - he was a superb martial artist.

All of this is a long-winded way of saying that the kind of attitude that goes with mastering something harder than kicking and punching a bag usually doesnt go hand-in-hand with turning tricks.

Archived