Sending Money Back To Thai Partners

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of a case of someone who sends back such a large proportion of his income that it leaves him in some instances with not enough money to buy food. He is not able to do the manual labour he once did.

STH

So this really has nothing to do with a devious Bar girl, this guy is basically 'simple' and would have his money taken off him in some other way if he was not sending it to Thailand! Its sad but will he listen to anyone. Who sends £1000 ?

So this really has nothing to do with a devious Bar girl, this guy is basically 'simple' and would have his money taken off him in some other way if he was not sending it to Thailand! Its sad but will he listen to anyone. Who sends £1000 ?

No its nothing to do with a devious bar girl, devious girl etc, he wants to send the cash.

STH

One of my students paid for his university education by writing letters for the BGs to send asking for money. He told me they would tell him "Leave the name blank" - so they could fill it in later and send to 3 or 4 guys who thought they were the only one. :p

Letters ? Sweet Jesus, Flasher, what year are we talking here ? I reckon there are internet cafes all along the Suk side-Sois that make a good living from girls sending countless emails to their 'Tilac(s)' : Ms CP didnt consider it at all embarrassing to convey her most intimate details via a Thai guy I know (and, fortunately, happen to consider a reasonable human being) when sending emails. The difference between those emails and the few she wrote herself would be obvious to an 8-year old - it was pretty clear that he worked hard to wrap things in a neat little bundle. She constantly pushed for Skype, but I don't like it - clearly, it was costing her a few baht each time she wanted him to put something together. When I look back on it, the emails he wrote made more sense than most of the 'Englit' that came out of her mouth.

I have little doubt that hundreds of similar bundles (templates, anyone ?) emanated from his desk when he wasn't busy booking travel for customers. I admire the entrepreneurial spirit, and tip him a hundred baht everytime I find myself back in the Soi.

I can picture the two of them sitting there, laughing and typing away : its like a fairytale in many ways. ;)

This was when he internet was still young and people actually used snail mail. :p

But 7 or 8 years ago, I saw the Empower handbook this group gave to the BGs. Among the "useful advice" were examples of how to email your "boyfriend" and get him to send you money. I thought Empower was to help the BGs get out of the trade, not to help them rip off more money from the punters. :dunno:

This was when he internet was still young and people actually used snail mail. :p

But 7 or 8 years ago, I saw the Empower handbook this group gave to the BGs. Among the "useful advice" were examples of how to email your "boyfriend" and get him to send you money. I thought Empower was to help the BGs get out of the trade, not to help them rip off more money from the punters. :dunno:

Sure, but you cant get out of the bar until you find another income stream. Very logical, really - once you become a 'kept woman', isnt that virtually the same as a Mia Noi ? I know one girl who broke it off (!) with her Australian bf when she realised he intended for her to be 'No 2', living under the same roof as No 1, no less. I guess he had all sorts of visions of wild threesomes every time he came to town .....

What is wrong with getting a regular job? However, they have found they can make much more than 6,000 or 7,000 baht a month in a gogo bar. Hard to give up the easy money.

p.s. A mia noi has only one "husband". Fair enough if that's what they plan to do. Not so good if they have 3 or 4 guys paying for the privilege of being "the only one". The winner of the first Nanapong dance contest was a real cutie - pretty face, big boobs, very white skin. Some wealthy German expat snapped her up. The next time we saw her, she was well dressed and driving her own car. She said he'd also bought her a condo! Talk about a BG winning the "lottery" ...

Archived