Apartment Rentals In P.p

eee

Hey. Have not been back for 10 years now. Many expats there now. Are there many apartments or condos to rent there and if so around how much for a small studio? thanx eee

Stick's weekly column has an interview with one of his sponsors, the owner of the California Guest House and a longtime Cambo expat - I think you will find his thoughts on longterm accommodation in PP a little disconcerting. Still, one mans opinion - happy to hear others.

There have to be some downsides to living here. What are they?

One of the downsides is long-term rental accommodation. Whereas in Pattaya you can rent a condo for, say, $300 a month and it would be close to a 7 Eleven and have a swimming pool, air-conditioning, gym etc. For that price here you won't get the swimming pool or the gym and you would probably have to pay twice that much to get those sorts of amenities. With that said you can go to a local hotel and rent their facilities. You give up the conveniences that you take for granted in Thailand. That's the main thing, I guess.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2011/Jim-California2.htm

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2011/Cambodia.htm

Were I to reside in Cambo/PP I'd head to California 2 and ask the owner (good chap as mentioned) and stay there a week or two whilst I looked at the lay of the land.

In terms of cost? - no idea, but if you figure $25 a day for cheap-ish hotel, thats about $750/mth

so an apartment of a basic kind with no great facilities should be in the order of $200 IMHO

your mileage may vary

Most of the websites quote NGO prices

an excerpt from - http://www.lonelypla...hreadID=1538617

a few years ago

"I've got a low budget, so I won't be able to afford 1000 dollars/month. Theres no reason why you would have to pay that much, its easy enough to find a place for around $200 or less. I pay $130 a month for a 2 bedroom place with a compound at the front but thats unusually cheap, and its not western standard really."

Hi guys. I've been doing a lot of research on this topic since I'm nearing my retirement. All I can say is." You can't beat Pattaya" interms of apartments and condo rentals. Abundance is the key word there. I've lived on and off in Patty for a long time to know; however I've been traveling to P.I. and other areas and P.P. cambo came to mind since I was there years ago. Even if you pay $600US you won't come close to what you'd get in Patty elsewhere. I love Patty/ LOS but the attitude of Girls have changed over the years as well as the exchange rates. It's a toss up between Patty and else where...maybe Cebu, Phils. Now if I can find a equally as good accomodations in cambo might change my mind. Subic, phils is another city I'm looking into but the housing leaves lil to desire.I've been there and looked into this matter. good luck chok dii eee

Were I to reside in Cambo/PP I'd head to California 2 and ask the owner (good chap as mentioned) and stay there a week or two whilst I looked at the lay of the land.

In terms of cost? - no idea, but if you figure $25 a day for cheap-ish hotel, thats about $750/mth

so an apartment of a basic kind with no great facilities should be in the order of $200 IMHO

your mileage may vary

Most of the websites quote NGO prices

an excerpt from - http://www.lonelypla...hreadID=1538617

a few years ago

"I've got a low budget, so I won't be able to afford 1000 dollars/month. Theres no reason why you would have to pay that much, its easy enough to find a place for around $200 or less. I pay $130 a month for a 2 bedroom place with a compound at the front but thats unusually cheap, and its not western standard really."

Yep, California 2 is a very nice place with a very accommodating atmosphere (nice non-P4P girls working there, free coffee, good Khmer food, e.g.). If I remember right a room with window is 35 USD (without window 25 USD) and you can't compare the rooms will fully equipped hotel rooms like stayed in BKK.

As I said before for tourists PP is more expensive than BKK, you get less value for money.

In regard to longterm stay in Cambo, security seems to be a major issue. What I understand from reading comments by Cambo expats, that it is not the question if your home is getting burglard, but when it will happen.

And just recently a well known bar owner had been murdered in PP...

Archived