Worst Hotel In Central Bkk ?

gobbledonk

I may stay at the Prince on New Petchburi next month, I have to meet friends while I'm on an overnight stop over.

Any reports on it?

Apparently next to a multi-story knocking shop but my neighbour who knows these things gave it the thumbs down. (The brothel, not the hotel).

worst hotel ?

must be the Rajah Hotel where Annie's is located, between Suk soi 2 and soi 4.

visited a friend there once many years ago, perfect location for a horror movie !

BB

Maybe 12 years ago, my curiosity about the Raja got the better of me. Accordingly, I walked over to survey the place. I didn't get past the ground floor, but I envisioned the place as a 4-star hotel back in the 60's or early 70's. Spacious lobby, a shopping arcade (of sorts) that was basically empty of vendors, high ceilings, etc. For several years, out of my back-side room at the Nana I would peer at the dangling "R" in the Raja's rooftop signage, wondering when (what looked like a single cable holding the 5 meter letter)it would give way to metal fatigue and cut some poor soul in half below. My guess is that if a several million $ were pumped into the property it could regain any former opulence the Raja Hotel once may have possessed. It's certainly in a prime location with respect to Nana Plaza, though how long NEP will continue to exist is anybody's guess.

HH

A Danish guy I know stayed at Rajah Mansion for about 3 months back in 2008 and he loathed the place - wasnt happy when he found out he could have done much better on the longterm rate elsewhere. Little wonder he seemed so happy to be getting out of BKK for a week when we went down south.

The last time I stayed at Nana, the guy who carried my bag upstairs ('bellhop' sounds so 1950s ..) seemed completely sincere when he thanked me for staying at the hotel - low season must really bite. I might give Dynasty a shot next time - after that absolute rathole in Georgetown, anything without vermin on the windowsill seems like a palace ....

Archived