(Late Morning/afternoon Delight Bkk

zeitgeist

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Sadly, the Texas Lone Staar closed its doors with a well-attended going away party on Saturday, 28 May. This long time favourite of expats will be missed, though it has not quite been the same since owner George Pipas past away two years ago. The Texas Lone Staar opened 30 plus years ago in Patpong, but had been at Washington Square around 25 years. It had a few gogo dancers when it was at Patpong - the dancers dressed like American Indians or cowgirls, but even then was more of a place to meet friends and enjoy a meal. The Lone Staar had a feel that was similar to Lucy's Tiger Den. Now both are gone and a bit of local history has ended with them. >>

Errrrr, DS...me thunk ya been dah one time or two :dunno:

Errrrrr..... Busted....lol

Apologies to the OP

Yes Cav.....once or thrice....

Wish I still had 20% of what I've dropped in the Square over the past 10 years....I'd be moderately well off.....555

It's all "The Black Tiger's" fault.......Whatever happened to him???? Bastard....lol

Cheers DS....previously known as the Artist previously known as Dum Cnut

...."Nuttin' is "Perfect" forever........

Silver Dollar is open - still has great barbecue. Any others?

Denny's Corner Bar

The bar directly opposite on the right hand side of the entrance to WS (don't think it has a name or is really a pub but the lady pours a tasty black so)

New Square One Pub aka Taffys Hairy Pie Club

The Hare and Hound

The Prince of Wales

52 Bar

Bali Hugh's

Cheers Pub

Happy Pub

The Puss-Inn Pub

The Sportsman

Dubliner

Surprisingly a fair few bars (12) but not much quality.

Been to the Dubliner a few times, mostly to read during the afternoon and nurse a Guiness. Definitely like it. Normally don't care much for British or Irish food, but their Sunday Roast (still have?) is pretty damn good.

Went to another bar deeper in WS to watch American Football early one morning. Nice place and nice girls, can't remember the name.

Wasn't even aware most of the places listed (just above) existed. Will pay attention next time and do some sleuth work.

Been to the Dubliner a few times, mostly to read during the afternoon and nurse a Guiness. Definitely like it. Normally don't care much for British or Irish food, but their Sunday Roast (still have?) is pretty damn good.

Same for me Dave, an afternoon pub for a Guinness, a bite to eat and a read of the paper.

They still have the Sunday roast, but I was always too late to get any as it seems to go quite fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit late on this, but the OP asked daytime fun, but doesn't like massage. Well, the obvious answer is Tulip, Mango, Snow white, Victoria etc, Most of my visits there I had little or no massage, at least not of the ordinary massage type. Open mostly from 10.00 AM onwards. Then there's the new BJ bar in Soi 10, which is not at all seedy, and can also provide LT.

Plenty of options.

Archived