Fright Night 3D

zeitgeist

Saw Fright Night in 3D in Fashion Island. Was in screen number 11, 1 of the smaller screens. Only 5 people in total. Movie was sanuk. Colin Farrel was good as the brooding vampire.

It was my first 3D experience and I'm not impressed. Was great on the opening credit (for Dolby I think) but was crap after that. Was more like 1 screen on top of another. You could see a distance to the background from the characters etc. but both the background and characters looked 2D. Like a puppet show with cardboard cutouts and changing backgrounds. Could've been the movie as it was at night (stating the obvious as subject was vampires) but there was no bright lights, as you would have with a space type movie, if you can understand what I'm trying to say...I'm struggling lol

Or maybe because I'm colour blind and this didn't help, I don't know...

And, I couldn't believe they don't let you keep the glasses...

Disappointedly Yours

Z

3d movies have been around since the 1950s, and they don't to have improved much in more than 50 years.

I think the first two I saw were in the early 50's: "Charge at Feather River" with Guy Madison and I think Frank Lovejoy; and "House of Wax", with my favorite villan of all time, Vincent Price. I don't think I've seen any 3D movies since.

HH

Archived