Good Shoe Fixer On Soi 1

Fiery Jack

Just to give a big, sincere shout out to An-An Shoe and Leather shop :bow: on the Suk corner of Soi 1, a five minute stroll from NEP (so tem minutes for me :drunk: ). The wee booth on Soi 7 next to the ATM, outside that pool bar and next to the open-air eaterie, is run by the same shop too, An -An. If you can't be bothered to take your messed-up brogues to Soi 1, the bird in the Soi 7 booth will ferry then down for you and you can pick them up off her when they're ready. (I know this, because I got some shoes altered there once a few years ago, and that's what she did then. But today's was a much more urgent problem...)

I've been trucking round BKK in a pair of forlorn ancient skis that were even more ready for the dustbin than I am. :doah: Well, the f*cking heel completely fell off on of the f*ckers today, left me hobbling so badly round lower Suk that punters were trying to push 20 baht notes into my back pocket as I lurched and wobbled out of Soi 7 beer garden. :relieved: On the suggestion of the bird who runs the wee glass booth on Soi 7 (the heel fell off in Soi 7 beergarden, as I say :drunk: ) I staggered down to the Sio 1 An-An shop, and the bloke there fixed them within 30 minutes: gave them a full MOT, and they came back out of the workshop good as new! :applause:

Honestly, great service. If you want your shoes fixing, look no further. Charge for the resurrection of my terminally ill footwear? The bloke initially waved his hand and said 'mai pen rai... no problem'. I gave him 100 baht. What a bargain. I was all set to fork out for a a new set of shoes. :up:

Tell 'em Jack sent you. :drunk:

jack :help:

Archived