Taking A Gtg Anywhere Near A Nightlife Precinct ..

gobbledonk

OK, I did it exactly once and soon realised the error of my ways, and that was sleepy old Udon Thani. One of Stick's readers had me rolling in the aisles with this gem:

The wife, being Thai, insisted on seeing Soi Bangla and the bar scene. Personally I hate the place but gave in. What a dump! The ugliest bargirls I've ever seen and with such a crap attitude and the ladyboys make the place like a zoo. My wife fancied some noodle soup at one of those stalls on the street and was soon joined at the table by a hooker who proceeded to tell her about the previous night and the customers she serviced. WTF!

I've never been to Phuket, and I've rarely heard a good word about it, but can you imagine taking a Farang partner to, say, Kings Cross in Sydney and having a working girl give her the sordid details of her profession ? Anyway, it gave me a good belly laugh, even if it is another nail in Phuket's coffin.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate comes to Thailand regularly with his Aussie wife and they go round the bars.

They both like a drink so that parts no problem and he assures me the Mrs doesn't mind him having a joke with the girls.

However I met up with them in Vientiane a couple of years back and we went down to the SamLo Pub for a drink and he was playing pool with some of the freelancers there.

She never took her eye off him for a minute and started moaning to me about his activities.

Not sure about Thai wives, I tend to think they would be fairly tolerant of bargirls, I know they were in Lao when I lived there.

My mate comes to Thailand regularly with his Aussie wife and they go round the bars.

They both like a drink so that parts no problem and he assures me the Mrs doesn't mind him having a joke with the girls.

However I met up with them in Vientiane a couple of years back and we went down to the SamLo Pub for a drink and he was playing pool with some of the freelancers there.

She never took her eye off him for a minute and started moaning to me about his activities.

Not sure about Thai wives, I tend to think they would be fairly tolerant of bargirls, I know they were in Lao when I lived there.

Short of an extremely quick handjob, I'm not sure exactly what she thought he was going to do with the freelancers, but some women are funny. One of my ex's had a complete stunner for a sister and she was a real bitch when it came to letting her husband go out on the piss with his mates - apparently she had been something of a party girl before getting married and knew just how quickly married men will stray. I reckon your average Catholic priest would renounce his vows to get on top of her circa 1983 - she probably looks like Roseanne Barr by now :(

My wife actually drove me through the nightlife area of Chiangmai, just to show me it was there. GTGs seem to like spying on the naughty nightlife - as long as they are out of sight in a car or whatever. I remember her fascination when a taxi driver took a short cut through patpong, before that nightmarket clogged the streets. But do not ever try to mix GTGs and "bad girls". They immediately take an intense dislike of each other.

Hi,

Yes, when men get shit for having affairs, I always remember there's a woman (likely taken) on the other end of it, committing the same sin, but they seem to get no blame?

Seems to be often the other way around here. If a guy takes a mia noi, the girl gets blamed for homewrecking, but the guy often isn't nearly blamed as much. The way I see it, both are equally to 'blame'.

Sanuk!

I found the social gap in the Philippines was huge, I went to a wedding in Angeles once and the only way the table for us guys with hooker girlfriends could have been further from the action was to have put it on the footpath.

The highlight of the event was when a teenage bargirl crashed through the pack of goody goody daughters to catch the bride's garter.

(We cheered her all the way back to the table).

I have found, once again in Lao, that the girls in the life... freelancers, semi pros etc, would go anywhere and mix with who they liked, without much trouble.

I'd say it depends a lot on the BGs' behaviour. One of my neighbours had a girl who would come by fairly often and my wife was later startled to learn that she was a BG. The working girl had been very polite and would never be spotted as a sex worker anywhere outside of the bar. But another working girl who had lived with a mate for a year or more came by my house one day to say hello. My wife was horrified to think that XXX had been living with such an awful person. She said the girl was vulgar and impolite and had treated my Mrs as if she were dirt.

I mentioned it to a mutual friend, and his assinine reply was, "Well, she was living with XXX and your Mrs was living with you. Why should she treat her differently." I immediately pointed out to the prat that my Mrs was my wife! We were legally married - signed, sealed and delivered. The other gal was a whore the guy had picked up one night in the Thermae and decided to keep around. Furthermore, simply by Thai standards of respect my Mrs was the older, was far better educated and had a respectable civil service job. My maid was polite to my Mrs and my landlord was too; so why shouldn't a whore from Moo Barn Buffalo Poop be?

Judging from that experience, I would suggest that Thai women judge others by their manners and behaviour. If they act like a whore, they will viewed as a whore. If they act like a lady, they will be accepted as one no matter what they may do for a living.

Hi,

Judging from that experience, I would suggest that Thai women judge others by their manners and behaviour. If they act like a whore, they will viewed as a whore. If they act like a lady, they will be accepted as one no matter what they may do for a living.

I would say this pretty much sums up my experience as well.

Sanuk!

Archived