Lousy Staff

khunsanuk

Hi,

Had lunch with my wife today at a restaurant in BigC Ladprao. Things started off fairly normal. We ordered drinks and food. Drinks arrive separately, of course :)

After a bit my wife receives her soup followed a bit later by her main course. At this time I was still waiting for my main course (didn't get soup), and waiting and waiting. When my wife was just about finished a waitress shows up at the table apologizing that they didn't have my dish today and could I chose something else. This was over 30 minutes!!! since first taking my order.

There must have been 10 people staff there for perhaps a similar amount of customers, yet it still took them that long to finally realize they couldn't fulfill my order.

Wasn't happy about it, but by then I was also to hungry to go somewhere else so just asked them what was quick to make and ordered that.

It was a cheapo place, but still, taking 30+ min to realize you can't fulfill an order is taking the piss.

Sanuk!

KS, could not agree more

Customer Service is the Key Stone to EVERY Business!

It's just amazing to witness the shit that some Business Owners expect "paying Customers" to accept.

It is so prevalent in this Country that it sickens me.....BUT there are exceptions, which is great!

Interestingly, the best places, here in the Jungle (IMHO) are small THAI Family run operations with no Farang involvement!

Once they get to know you, they treat you like Royalty!!

Last week, for example, as I pulled up in front of my No. 1 favourite local Noodle Shop, I stopped the car and spent 4 or 5 minutes finishing a phone call.

Got out....walked to my usual table....sat down....and instantly the young girl (well late 20's) who runs the place (and only has a smattering of English)....placed a bowl in front of me....gave me a big smile and said.....I see rot K "J"....I know....I cook....

LOL....Farkkkn fantastic

...and all of 40 Baht

Vote with your feet KS

Hi,

"My wife would have confronted them about it long before she had finished her meal."

Yeah, mine is usually the same, but she too was hungry and it is quite common for food to come very widely apart so we didn't make too much of a point of it.

"Vote with your feet KS"

Intend to. Of course seeing I hardly ever go to BigC the chances of me ever having gone there again were pretty slim already. Doubt I'll set foot in it again now though.

Sanuk!

Aaahhh... I always give Thai places at least a second chance. Could have been a bad day, the girls forgot to fill the glasses at the shop shrine... who knows.

Mind you if it had happened in Australia I wouldn't have bought a stamp at the post office next door let alone eat at the restaurant again.

Here in Middle Earth, I went to a fish and chip shop.

When I was ready to order, I approached the counter. The 20 year old-ish girl was txting on her cell phone, I politely waited for her to finish.

She finished.

I was standing in front of her, a 600mm counter surface separating her from me.

I was looking directly at her.

She didn't even acknowledge me.

After about 30-40 seconds I said, "I'd like to order please".

She looked at me, stunned at my miraculous, sudden, unexplained appearance.

A full 30 more seconds passed, then a wave of recognition swept over her face as she realized where she was, what she was supposed to be doing, what I was saying, and what the correct response might be.

She said "What?"

English was her first language.

I nearly walked out.

Cosstheinvisible.

• 2 weeks later...

Some years ago, I and a friend had our lunch at a very nice hotel a bit outside of a Bolivian jungle village. Think we were the only customers at that time. We ordered our food, a few minutes later we see a car leaving the hotel. Around 15 minutes later, still waiting for our food, the car comes back from the village. Then our waiter appears: "Sorry, we don't have that dish. Could you please choose something else".

Archived