Bkk Airport- Siam Square At 8.30 Am

persil

Back in February, when the blizzard shut down O'Hare and knocked DFW for a loop, I wound up flying in via Frankfurt, and arrived around 7 AM or so. Just in time for my cab to Royal President (Suk Soi 15) to get caught in the morning rush hour traffic.

It wasn't that bad. A few minutes longer than the usual ride in around midnight.

Take the cab and be done with it. Changing trains or whatever will be MUCH more hassle.

Taxi no Brainer

Just take route 7, (2nd state expressway) the tollway above Rama IX, most traffic exits at Interchange tower onto 1st state expressway for Petchaburi, Sukhumvit, Rama IV etc.

Continue up 2nd state expressway to Thanon Pahon Yothin exit, take a left then across Victory Monument onto Thanon Phaya Thai. From 2nd expressway exit to Rama 1 / Siam is less than 3 KM

Taxi no Brainer

Just take route 7, (2nd state expressway) the tollway above Rama IX, most traffic exits at Interchange tower onto 1st state expressway for Petchaburi, Sukhumvit, Rama IV etc.

Continue up 2nd state expressway to Thanon Pahon Yothin exit, take a left then across Victory Monument onto Thanon Phaya Thai. From 2nd expressway exit to Rama 1 / Siam is less than 3 KM

Last September I arrived Friday afternoon - and it was raining. It took 2-3 hours (I didn't check the watch, since it didn't matter to me at that time) from the airport to Sukhumvit Soi 18 (opposite Soi 23/SC)..

wacko.gif

Archived