A Newish Beginning

sayjann

thanks alot for the info. i've not lost faith in patong and i know we'll (dad going with me) will have a great time. as long as theres beer bars and girls its all good. renting a toyota vigo 4x4, so can your about to phang nga, promthep cape etc in the day and do the bars by night. i cant wait. beats the hell out of the shitty nightlife here lol

i know you are a 'veteran' of phuket/patong(we were once there at the same time and never knew it)and i know you will have a good time.

is it your dad's first visit? and what do you think about how he will feel about the whole experience?.

the trips around the island can be great fun and the nightlife while overwhealming at times can be very interesting to watch,i love watching other people on a night out.

i will be interested in your thoughts of the place and how much it has changed since your previous visits......... B)

I probably need to see more of Bali, but the Kuta/Legian strip is the pits, and Uluwatu and the water temple outings were just an (necessary) escape from that madness. P4P is about as basic and undesirable as it gets - would have most on a plane to BKK the next day. Probably OK for a footy trip - beer was very cheap - but if I want to be surrounded by drunken Aussie yobs I can do that a lot more cheaply right here.

Guest lazyphil

i know you are a 'veteran' of phuket/patong(we were once there at the same time and never knew it)and i know you will have a good time.

is it your dad's first visit? and what do you think about how he will feel about the whole experience?.

the trips around the island can be great fun and the nightlife while overwhealming at times can be very interesting to watch,i love watching other people on a night out.

i will be interested in your thoughts of the place and how much it has changed since your previous visits......... B)

i'm optomistic!....not my dads first trip to phuket, been a few times since i starting going not only that he was in subic bay and the like in his submariner days long before i was hatched. however its the first trip alone we've taken-it will be relaxing :wink:

i'm optomistic!....not my dads first trip to phuket, been a few times since i starting going not only that he was in subic bay and the like in his submariner days long before i was hatched. however its the first trip alone we've taken-it will be relaxing :wink:

interesting,my dad was a submariner.

i would imagine my dad is older comparing our ages.

he was in the service from 1959 until the mid 1960's.

Archived