Water Storage Tanks.

up2you2

My 6000 litre underground Neo storage water tank split its side this week, leaving the pump running constantly trying to replenish it.

I don't know if this will work but it was worth a try, yesterday a young guy recommended to me by the major supplier of storage tanks in Phuket repaired it.

The alternative was going to be a huge bill of 45,000 - Dos brand !

Has anyone had any experiences of these underground tanks, this one has lasted 5 years ?

If I am going to consider purchasing a new one, which is the best brand for above ground and underground ?

Above ground for me.

Easy access to what might be needed.

I bought one that will assure water for the house for approx. three days.

The BKK water pressure is low but enough to keep the tank full.

If installed properly (teflon tape on all the fittings so no leaks) the only item that might fail is the level control valve.

Had this one about five years and had to wiggle the valve a few times as it would get stuck, but no big deal as long as someone is around to keep an eye on things.

Big advantage is that the pump no longer short cycles as BKK water line into the house was only 1/2" but that pump was fitted for 1 ~ 1 1/2", so the pump wpul;d be starving for water, hence on/off quite a bit, shortening the life of the pump and adding to the electric bill. I figure the tank was already paid for itself via the lower electric bill.

• 2 months later...

One more item...do the plastic tanks contain BPE? this is a nasty cancer causing chemical in many plastic bottles/tanks.

Is it not BPA Bisphenol A as opposed to BPE

Bisphenol A, commonly abbreviated as BPA, is an organic compound with two phenol functional groups. It is used to make polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins, along with other applications.

Known to be estrogenic since the mid 1930s, concerns about the use of bisphenol A in consumer products were regularly reported in the news media in 2008 after several governments issued reports questioning its safety, prompting some retailers to remove products containing it from their shelves. A 2010 report from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) raised further concerns regarding exposure of fetuses, infants and young children. In September 2010, Canada became the first country to declare BPA as a toxic substance. In the European Union and Canada BPA use is banned in baby bottles.

Archived