Crappy True Internet Effed Up Again?

Flashermac

Friday morning I logged on as usual and the ISP was working fine. Came home at 5pm and it wouldn't connect. Same all through Saturday and Sunday. I took everything apart, checked everything out - all working. My connection said it was working as it should be - but it would not connect to anything! "Site cannot be found." That meant it had to be effing True again. I was about to call them them morning and ask them WTF was going on, but when I booted up and started the router ... it connected!

I did get an SMS that True would be down for an hour last Friday to improve its service. An hour? They were down for at least 60 hours or more! Oh, yes I do love True Internet in my area. :(

I use TOT Flash, 780B a month, I was on bottom rate but got free upgrade this year. Unlimited downloads.

It's usually not bad but the last week or so has been very erratic, someone told me it's to do with the flooding between here and BKK.

Don't think that would effect you though??

I would have been down the office politely complaining long before 60 hours was up, but then it was a weekend wasn't it. B)

The True office I usually went to has closed!

Don't tell me the economy is great here. I like to go to the dept store in my old neigbourhood every now and then to shop and afterwards go upstairs to the karaoke place with the food stalls. Good cheap food, beer any time of the day (sod those ridiculous liquor sales hours with no law behind them), plus just watching the old geezers signing and dancing. (They make me look young in comparison. Most are either retired police or army NCOs and warrants.) There used to be 8 food stalls and two beverage stalls, plus another selling sweets and ice cream. Now there is one beverage booth and only 2 food stalls are left. Shops in the neighbourhood have closed too. The economy here sucks, no matter what the politicians tell you. :(

Friday morning I logged on as usual and the ISP was working fine. Came home at 5pm and it wouldn't connect. Same all through Saturday and Sunday. I took everything apart, checked everything out - all working. My connection said it was working as it should be - but it would not connect to anything! "Site cannot be found." That meant it had to be effing True again. I was about to call them them morning and ask them WTF was going on, but when I booted up and started the router ... it connected!

I did get an SMS that True would be down for an hour last Friday to improve its service. An hour? They were down for at least 60 hours or more! Oh, yes I do love True Internet in my area. :(

I have True in my area, around Sukhimvit 50, On Nut. Have had no problems this week and have downloaded a shitload of torrents on Friday/Sat/Sunday. True drops occasionally, but I reboot the modem/router and everything reconnects OK. As you said, it might just be in your area. I have Maxnet (BBB) up at my house up north and it is real flaky, wish I could get the speed I do in BKK there.

I use TOT Flash, 780B a month, I was on bottom rate but got free upgrade this year. Unlimited downloads.

It's usually not bad but the last week or so has been very erratic, someone told me it's to do with the flooding between here and BKK.

Don't think that would effect you though??

I would have been down the office politely complaining long before 60 hours was up, but then it was a weekend wasn't it. B)

When I was in Hua Hin a few weeks ago, I purposely booked into a hotel that had wifi in each room. The damn service was down for the the whole four days I was there. Any establishment that was using TOT was down. The only place i could get a connection was in a mall through CAT. Seemed surprising to me that it could be down for that long. I expected Thailand Tech to be more on the ball.

If it happens again and you are using windoze try

RUN

ipconfig /flushdns

OK

If it happens again and you are using windoze try

RUN

ipconfig /flushdns

OK

Good idea, but if they have any problem with their DNS servers, you are still screwed. I just remember, when I was up north and had extended outages with Maxnet, I signed up for Open DNS which give you some backup DNS servers when your local service is down. They also walk you through what you need to do and the basic service is free. Also, I think Google offers some DNS servers at IP address 8.8.8.8 which you can use when your service is down. Keep those solutions in your back pocket for the future.

When I was in Hua Hin a few weeks ago, I purposely booked into a hotel that had wifi in each room. The damn service was down for the the whole four days I was there. Any establishment that was using TOT was down. The only place i could get a connection was in a mall through CAT. Seemed surprising to me that it could be down for that long. I expected Thailand Tech to be more on the ball.

Never had anything remotely resembling that sort of outage in 4 years, a few hours... maybe half a day once.

Never had anything remotely resembling that sort of outage in 4 years, a few hours... maybe half a day once.

recently in patong and computer in room and wifi.

don't know what system they were using but very unreliable.

when it rained the internet connection was lost(along with tv signal)and not just in my hotel but other hotels as well.

it was pot luck if the internet was connected when i tried to log on.

I've noticed this sort of thing tends to happen around weekends. It was the same years ago when I used my university's own main frame. (Just called in and used my ID.) Every now an then that would go out too - always on a weekend. My suspicion was that some Klutz tripped over the plug, disconnecting it without noticing. They then all went home for the weekend. When they came back to work on Monday morning, somebody would say ... "Well, golly! Look at that" ... and plug it back in. :(

Archived